Valentine's candy?

Options
OKay, I just ate some chocolates from a small Valentine's Day heart.:heart: It has only three chocolates in it which have filling. The nutrition facts are on the back. My question is: how to count the calories if I don't eat the filling? I don't like the filling, so I'm basically just eating the chocolate around them. Any clues?

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I´m not sure...maybe look up how many cals eg icing is and deduct that total from the nutrition info on the back on the hearts...or it it´s caramel look up caramel etc.

or if it´s just milk chocolate, work out how much milk chocolate you´ve had and just add that
  • lkharris
    Options
    depending on the filling - I'd maybe cut the calories in half. Or look up just plain chocolate and estimate how much you think you had... And to be fair I'd go heavy - ie, estimate a little more if you have to! And then take a walk....
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Well, if you only ate the actual chocolate I would just look up milk chocolate, or dark chocolate- which ever it was- in the database and guesstimate how much you ate- I always guess high. Or, use something familiar. Do you think you ate the same amount of chocolate as a hershey kiss? Or one of those mini fun sized Hershey bars that are around at Halloween? If so, just enter one of those.
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I say just enter in the amount of calories on the back, and call it good!
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm with Kelly. You know you didn't eat all the calories, so after dinner if you are just a little over (10-20 cals for example), then you should be good.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Count it like you would m and m's they are just chocolate...try to estimate how many it would equal...just an idea
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!:brokenheart: Went over already! But I'm going to workout hard after work!