Biggest Factor in your Weight Loss Journey.... GO!

Options
Running would be mine. Glad I picked it up. Have fallen off the bandwagon, but signed up for a half and ready to kick it (once my foot feels better ;) ).

How about yours??? What was your biggest factor in your weight loss journey? Where do you find your motivation?

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Planning has been the backbone of this whole thing for me
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Abject fear
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Logging my food 95% of the time.

Committing to regular exercise with no excuses.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Logging my food, definitely.

Also, varying my exercise, so not just gym, gym, gym but aerobics, spinning, zumba as well as weights and cardio in the gym.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Limiting eating out/fast food/restaurant food to once a week. I could never cut it out completely but once a week, twice at most, is fine.
  • scottbrown78
    scottbrown78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Logging my food and seeing just how much I was consuming before.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Logging food & counting calories, definitely.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Tracking what I eat
  • BadAzzBea
    Options
    Hands down logging all meals. I remember popping a little bite size mozarella ball and it was 140 cal and thought holy cow, id pop like 10 and thats like1400 calories!!! Um yeah logging! (I fell off the wagon, today is day 1 of getting the fk back on!)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Becoming more aware of what I was consuming has made all the difference for me. It taught me how to make better choices, and to actively CHOOSE when i would indulge.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Logging food and controlling carbs.. Also finding macros that keep me full and satisfied x
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Learning how to get back on the wagon without feeling like a failure :) Also the friends I have picked up here, they have become real friends and not just virtual ones. Plus loving the exercising. That was always a problem for me before.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Logging! Also had I not picked up running, I wouldn't have found out that I had Compartment Syndrome. Now that I've had the surgery, I feel SO much better!
  • Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
    The biggest thing that helped me get to my goal was getting off the diet train. I stopped counting calories and started cooking more at home. For me calorie counting and tracking leads me down a dangerous path so I had to learn how to eat without tracking every thing I put in my mouth. This is the only way I was able to be successful and I have been maintaining for a year now.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Most important is that you don't stop believin'...
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Logging calories and never describing it as a 'weight loss journey'.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Portions!!!!!!!
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    A pedometer...and setting the daily goal. And then recording it every day.

More than 75 percent of my weight loss was associated with just doing this. The remainder was accomplished by adding food logging to the mix.
  • sundevil5138
    Options
    RUNNING! Running to the bank, the grocery store, mailbox, anywhere!
  • nefbaker
    Options
    My heath - knowing no matter how sick I feel, I feel worse after eating crap. (I have an autoimmune disorder) Running and logging my food.