skipping breakfast?

Options
My daughter is an amazing baby and lets me sleep all morning til I wake up on my own...but sometimes I sleep through breakfast time and by the time I get up have her taken care of, its lunch time...how do i make up for that in a healthy way?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to "make up for" provided that your end-of-day nutritional needs are being met.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast at least 6 days a week. Like Sidesteel said, just meet your nutritional needs by the end of the day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to "make up for" provided that your end-of-day nutritional needs are being met.

yep
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    ^ what they said. And besides, who cares if breakfast is 11:30-noonish? have that egg, or cereal or whatever it might be…
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You don't need breakfast. Meal timing will not hamper weight goals.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's not essential. If you eat properly through the day, and don't' find that you're hungry/ eating rubbish/ stressed out/ lacking energy later in the day, then carry on!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Skipping it will slow your metabolism.

Nah, just kidding. What everyone else said up there is true.
  • CandaceHoweth91
    Options
    just pretend your lunch is your breakfast since it kind of is anyway. Soon as I wake up I leave for the gym, about 9am, and then come home around 11 and then eat my breakfast.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    if it makes you feel better about skipping breakfast. . .I wake up about 7:30am, but don't eat until like 7pm ;)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Skipping it will slow your metabolism.

Nah, just kidding. What everyone else said up there is true.

I was about to rage so hard on this until I read the second line :laugh:

There's nothing wrong with skipping breakfast. Eating breakfast lowers you adrenaline and testosterone.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    There's no real "breakfast time", breakfast is just the first time you eat each day. It doesn't matter if you eat breakfast foods or during certain hours. I eat breakfast every day, but only because I am always really hungry in the morning. Enjoy the fact that your baby is letting you sleep in! :happy:
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you're diabetic, it matters. If not, it doesnt. :)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is your first meal of the day. It doesn't matter if it is at 6 AM, or 8 PM. As long as you reach your macros, you should be fine.
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    wow - a whole bunch of common sense and good sound responses in one thread - I almost can't stand it!
    Nicely done people, nicely done.