What time do you log into MFP? Poll 1-5?

Options
twinketta
twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
1 Do you log in as soon as you wake up and start creating your diary for the day ahead?

2 Do you log all your food the night before and stick to it ?

3 Do you log in halfway through the day and try to remember what you have eaten and what you are going to eat?

4 Do you log in at night and not even bother logging or just try to hope what you have added to your diary is correct?

5 Or do you just log in and not bother with your diary?

6 log as you go (ETA )

Replies

• totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I log in first thing in the morning and log through out the day as I eat, I find it easiest to log the food when it is fresh in my mind, so I don't forget one little bite. :heart:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i log first thing in the morning and pre-log my day the best i can.
    then i log in throughout the day to read statuses when i am bored at work
    i log in when i get home to make any adjustments if my intake was off
    and then log in when i am doing with exercise to add it.

yeah i am always logging in lol
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Log as I eat.

I take lunch and mid morning/day snacks to work every day, and eat the same breakfast every morning, so I could pre log most of my day, but I don't.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    Options
    I log as I eat, and being on this website takes up a good chunk of my day.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    A mix . If I am going out for the day to work for example I'll pre log breakfast + lunch and then add in dinner later. otherwise I usually do it in real time. If I'm out with people I try to just remember what I had for later since people seem to deem logging as weird :laugh: Although with my recent mess ups I am wondering if pre-logging the whole day would prove to be more beneficial.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I log in all day long. I have the app on my phone so make it easy to keep everything up to date even when on the go.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I log in as soon as the coffee pot goes on and then all the time after work

so I guess option 1
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I log breakfast lunch & snacks when I wake up since I take exactly that and thats what I eat (there aren't really any food places around so no temptation to get something else). Dinner I log at home after I eat it, plus any nighttime snacks. I usually plan my meals/snacks for the week ahead since I'm on a budget and rarely deviate from whatever I've picked that week.

Weekends I log when I have time to sit down and do it, sometimes it is here and there throughout the day, sometimes its not till the evening if I had a lot of errands or events to do that day. The weekends is where my meals really vary so I prefer to log what I ate after I've eaten it rather than guess and correct.
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1, 2, and 4....

I login when I get up and have breakfast so I know where I'm starting my day calorie-wise and what I have to work with should anything come up (like going to lunch with colleagues/boss).

I also login via my phone app if I have a snack or eat lunch at my desk (something I brought with me). But this is only dependent on whether or not I have enough time away from time-sensitive work to login. If not, I wait until later.

When I get home and eat dinner, I then login after my last meal/last snack so I can complete my dairy.

Some days I'm so busy (I work college sports and game days, so I'll have 15 hour days) that the only time I have to login is at the end of the day before bed. For me, I very conscious about my portions sizes, so "remembering" what I ate and the portions is simple and I'm not really guessing at my day. If I'm making it, I use my food scale so I know exact portions. If I'm getting it from somewhere else (like a grocery) I go by the labels and weight estimates. If it's a restaurant, I find the most appropriate match or build it out as a meal and then overestimate the portion sizes to account for any calorie discrepancies.

It'll be interesting to see what other people say. Personally, I don't think you're going to get clear cut results, as people use it as it fits in their day and sometimes multiple times throughout the day, so clumping that into options 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 doesn't really satisfy people. Plus the way you labeled your options is really loaded - #4 for example is almost accusatory that people who just login at night don't track their portions throughout the day and they're just "guessing" trying to remember their foods. Just because people login at night doesn't mean they didn't stay on top of their day and vice versa. Just because someone logs all their food the night before doesn't mean they stick to it.

Not trying to be mean, but just trying to point out why you might get some mixed results/answers from people. Looking forward to seeing where this thread goes - interested to see what other people do.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I log as I eat, and being on this website takes up a good chunk of my day.
    ^^ this^^:wink:
  • twinketta
    Options
    1 Do you log in as soon as you wake up and start creating your diary for the day ahead?

2 Do you log all you food the night before and stick to it ?

3 Do you log in halfway through the day and try to remember what you have eaten and what you are going to eat?

4 Do you log in at night and not even bother logging or just try to hope what you have added to your diary is correct?

5 Or do you just log in and not bother with your diary?

OK editing add

6 log as you go? this seems the popular answer at the moment
  • twinketta
    Options
    Don`t forget to add your poll number :-)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'll log in a few times a day when I have time. I'm not obessive about it. Which I will probably need to be if I want to lose the last bit-I'm sure I eat more than I end up logging.
  • twinketta
    Options
    I log in first thing in the morning and log through out the day as I eat, I find it easiest to log the food when it is fresh in my mind, so I don't forget one little bite. :heart:

1 and 6
  • twinketta
    Options
    i log first thing in the morning and pre-log my day the best i can.
    then i log in throughout the day to read statuses when i am bored at work
    i log in when i get home to make any adjustments if my intake was off
    and then log in when i am doing with exercise to add it.

yeah i am always logging in lol

1 and 6?
  • twinketta
    Options
    Log as I eat.

I take lunch and mid morning/day snacks to work every day, and eat the same breakfast every morning, so I could pre log most of my day, but I don't.

6?
  • twinketta
    Options
    I log in all day long. I have the app on my phone so make it easy to keep everything up to date even when on the go.

Definite 6 for you
  • twinketta
    Options
    1, 2, and 4....

I login when I get up and have breakfast so I know where I'm starting my day calorie-wise and what I have to work with should anything come up (like going to lunch with colleagues/boss).

I also login via my phone app if I have a snack or eat lunch at my desk (something I brought with me). But this is only dependent on whether or not I have enough time away from time-sensitive work to login. If not, I wait until later.

When I get home and eat dinner, I then login after my last meal/last snack so I can complete my dairy.

Some days I'm so busy (I work college sports and game days, so I'll have 15 hour days) that the only time I have to login is at the end of the day before bed. For me, I very conscious about my portions sizes, so "remembering" what I ate and the portions is simple and I'm not really guessing at my day. If I'm making it, I use my food scale so I know exact portions. If I'm getting it from somewhere else (like a grocery) I go by the labels and weight estimates. If it's a restaurant, I find the most appropriate match or build it out as a meal and then overestimate the portion sizes to account for any calorie discrepancies.

It'll be interesting to see what other people say. Personally, I don't think you're going to get clear cut results, as people use it as it fits in their day and sometimes multiple times throughout the day, so clumping that into options 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 doesn't really satisfy people. Plus the way you labeled your options is really loaded - #4 for example is almost accusatory that people who just login at night don't track their portions throughout the day and they're just "guessing" trying to remember their foods. Just because people login at night doesn't mean they didn't stay on top of their day and vice versa. Just because someone logs all their food the night before doesn't mean they stick to it.

Not trying to be mean, but just trying to point out why you might get some mixed results/answers from people. Looking forward to seeing where this thread goes - interested to see what other people do.

I get what you are saying and am just trying to see how other people `log it` if anyone else has a number 7, 8 or 9 or more then please add it?
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I log on first thing in the morning before breakfast. I plan my whole day and I stick to it.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options

same here!