Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Anyone?

Options
Has anyone walked the "Avon Walk for Breast Cancer" walk? Looking for any input....interested in walking in San Francisco this year but a little scared of the commitment and don't want to let anyone down . . .

Replies

• Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am also interested in this...I will most likely do this ( 60 mile) walk in Colorado. Don't know much about it , so I'm also into hearing some input.
    Thanks
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I did it two years ago in DC. I only did it once and won't do it again because of the fundraising commitment. As far as the walking goes, I didn't think it was that intense. But it really depends on the individual person.
  • anward1
    Options
    I did the 3 day 60 mile walk in Florida, it was a GREAT experience. I would love to do it again, but raising the money was difficult for me since I live in a small community. I had a yard sale and made over $600 and the rest I got from small donations and a lot of them, but it was well worth it.
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the input! Just scared 'cause I've never done fundraising like that before but I have lots of contacts that should hopefully come through for me and with the fundraising, comes the committment to walk the miles . . . was thinking that this would also help me with my personal exercise goals . . . gotta put myself out there I guess . . . I'll never know if I don't try!! Thanks!! :-)