BUSTED!!!

kjs1628
kjs1628 Posts: 37 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all -

I have been calorie counting on my own for 5 weeks (lost 10lbs, but only 1/2 in the last week on my own - so came to MFP in vague belief that I may have been eating too little - was only having about 900 cals a day).

So MFP for one week and I was down 3 pounds!!!! Awesome. So delighted by loss, but more importantly that this site has made me feel empowered.

On MOnday I went to stay with a friend, and so didn't manage to stick to 1200 cals plus did no exercise. I would guess I consumed between 1600-2000 cals each day - not crazy, but not good either.

My question is, do I try and pull this back in the next couple of days, by eating less (if so how much less?) or do I just go back to 1200 and accept that I may not lose this week?

Any advice much appreciated - I REALLY want to hit the stone mark!

Cheers, Kate.

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    If I can gain back some of those extra calories when I go over, I do, but if I'm hungry, I go back to eating normally. :) I try to get them back the next day, if that doesn't happen, I try not to worry about it past that.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    no you do not make up for extra calories the next day, the body doesn't work that way. Just continue on, count it off as a maintenance or slightly over maintenance day, it won't be a problem, just don't continue the practice.
  • Why not just add in some cardio to make up for the added calories!! Do an extra 15-20 cardio session.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Thats what I do. If I over eat somehow, I do another session of cardio to get it where is should be. Consider it a punishment with a positive ending. It motivates me.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    You need to remember that each day is new.Each day you start out fresh with a fresh set of calories. Don't ever pull calories from the next day and don't add them from the previous day. If you exercise that day, it's different but there are no roll overs.
  • kjs1628
    kjs1628 Posts: 37 Member
    Okay, thanks for the advice everyone. I have had a normal food day today, but no time for exercise with long long journey. Back on the bike tomorrow!
This discussion has been closed.