smaller waist?

Options
Hi everyone,

I've been losing weight for about 4months now and am doing well. My whole body looks thinner..except my stomach!! I naturally have wide hips and have accepted that and know that can't change but my whole waist/torso area just hasn't really changed. I eat extremely healthy (everything is either off a tree, animal or out the ground!) and drink tons of water and no alcohol. I take full body photos every now and then to see my progress and as I said my arms and legs are really much thinner now and are getting more toned with the more strength training I do..but my waist just isn't getting smaller. I hate looking so broad. I live in australia so its summer meaning bikinis.. (uh oh) and I don't feel at all confident..I just look so wide!! is there anything I can do to get a smaller waist or just carry on as I am and hope for improvements? I currently workout 6x a week with a mix of cardio and weights.

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    No such thing as spot reducing. Give it time.
  • stepheatscake
    stepheatscake Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It's because of wheat in your diet... sounds weird but you should read "Wheat Belly" it's amazing.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is usually the last to go... Not much we can do about that. Keep plugging away and it will come off!
  • bombedpop
    bombedpop Posts: 2,183 Member
    Options
    It's because of wheat in your diet... sounds weird but you should read "Wheat Belly" it's amazing.

Lol. No.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's much you can do but wait, fat will come off where it wants when it wants. I've lost 8 inches off my waist so far but only 2 off my hips...the body does what it wants. :)
  • LiviLouLou
    Options
    I don't eat wheat :S
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options

Lol. No.

Well, Bombedpop, do you have a better theory, are are you just here to shoot down others' ideas? At least steinersteph9 HAD an idea, and for some people wheat does make a difference.

Don't be such a downer. Offer help or validate your reasons to disagree, but don't just shoot down some one's idea like some adolescent keyboard warrior.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Keep working; unfortunately there is no "spot reduction". I don't have issues with my waist instead it's my hips and thighs...that is my body type; so that is always the last place I lose weight. I find that if I keep "sugar" out of my diet (keep my fruit low glycemic, stay away from all the white flour, white rice stuff...stick with whole grains only)...I tend to lose better.

Don't give up! It will happen...it just might be the last place for it to go or you may suddenly lose a few inches....it happens.
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I wish I had a solution for you. I've lost 90 lbs and I've gone from being round to being a pear! A PEAR!!?? I never imagined that was my shape. Everything else is thinning out, except my butt, hips and thighs. As far as I know, the only solution is to lower my body fat overall. So...consider that in progress.

Good luck :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

How can you say that so categorically when you have so little information?

ETA: point in case - she does not eat wheat!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Height, weight and BF%?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Lol. No.

Well, Bombedpop, do you have a better theory, are are you just here to shoot down others' ideas? At least steinersteph9 HAD an idea, and for some people wheat does make a difference.

Don't be such a downer. Offer help or validate your reasons to disagree, but don't just shoot down some one's idea like some adolescent keyboard warrior.
    It's not being a downer, "Wheat Belly" is a poorly researched, badly written book full of myths and even outright lies, using cherry picked data to invent sensationalistic fear mongering conclusions designed to sell books, but has no real basis in reality.

Add in the fact that the OP doesn't eat wheat anyway, and steinersteph didn't really have an idea, instead steinersteph was just pushing an agenda.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

Lol. No.

It's not being a downer, "Wheat Belly" is a poorly researched, badly written book full of myths and even outright lies, using cherry picked data to invent sensationalistic fear mongering conclusions designed to sell books, but has no real basis in reality.

Add in the fact that the OP doesn't eat wheat anyway, and steinersteph didn't really have an idea, instead steinersteph was just pushing an agenda.

kelso-burn.jpg