Does it ever get easier buying jeans!?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    What helped me was to go to a thrift store. Tons of jeans of all different brands. I could try them on and see what worked for my body.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I too started at a size 24 (263lbs)
    and now I'm at a size 8 (164lbs)
    I am 5'8
    I also usually have a hard time finding them long enough. And I have a really flat butt, so a lot of jeans are too big in the butt and look baggy. I've got some extra skin too, so i cant wear low rise jeans.
    Yes, it is still hard. but look at it this way: no more shopping a plus only stores for us! woo
    and, we're both a lot healthier now..right?
    :)
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Jeans just aren't nice to us! Once you find a brand that works for you buy multiple! Every brand is different
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Jeans are always a pain to find, whatever size you are I think!

I'm wearing Levis from 11 years ago, which I love (have a photo in my profile pics). They're possibly a bit dated, but they're flattering and suit my figure. I also have some Calvin Klein jeans which are from years ago.

I think you have to spend a bit more money for a decent, long-lasting pair of jeans. When I get thinner I want some Diesel jeans.

I'm in the UK and I used to love my Oasis jeans, but they're falling down now!
  • nancyki
    Options
    It does help to find a brand or two that fits you well and stick with them. For me, that's Levi's 515 and NYDJ (not your daughter's jeans). Maybe try Goodwill to determine which styles work best - you can find a lot there.
  • samlankford
    Options
    built like a 12 year old boy!! ALL jeans are baggy no matter what... I find that old navy is the most flattering on me, after holidays I need to head there to get new jeans, a few size 2 jeans so I can retire my size 4 ones that are just too big on me... :smile:
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    No, until you find a brand that fits through lots of trial and error. Then you pray they don't stop making them. I have had success with NYDJ and land's end. I am on the other side of the height spectrum and have a hard time finding jeans that are short enough. With lands end I tried them on in their store in sears then ordered them hemmed to the right length online. I think they do inseams from 28 - 36.
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for the suggestions and the compliments!!! I've gotten SEVERAL ideas from this thread and also quite a few chuckles. I guess buying jeans in just one of those things we all have to suffer through no matter what size!

Tomorrow is another new day and I hope to get out to the mall on a mission!!!!