Counting food during the party

lazygalina
lazygalina Posts: 38
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I am going to Birthday Party this coming Saturday and I know I will go over my calories - how do I log in calories this day...I do not want to remember every item what I will be eating...I just want to put general...I AM OVER AMOUNT OF CALORIES TODAY! I want to enjoy the Party. Any suggestions?

Replies

• rileya
    rileya Posts: 28 Member
    I usually just put in the stuff that I can remember eating and estimate alittle. It is ok...even better that you want to put them in your counter :)
  • When I have a really bad day I don't log at all. You can write in your notes for that day in your food diary "cheat day" or "party" . If I'm going to allow myself a day like that then I don't want to see the damage or else I'll end up feeling too guilty. That way it's out of site and out of mind and you can start fresh the next day. That's what works for me anyways.... but of course only once in a while... doing that 3 times a week would just be kidding yourself :)
  • Enjoy yourself - just practice portion sizes - if there is something you really want and you know it is high in calories - split it with one or more people. Put into practice what you have learned from being here. You have to live life - part of this is just about lifestyle change, you can do it - have fun!
This discussion has been closed.