Rapid weight gain

Options
Hi, well today was my weigh in day and even though I have been TERRIBLE this past week and barely logged and exercised I still weighed like an idiot and in 2 weeks (with 1 bad week) I have gone from 10.6 to 10.13!
Major de motivator! Now I know most will probably (hopefully) be water retention? But I'm not sure. How can I help try and flush it all out of me and get back down a couple of lbs?
This week I've really pigged out, family bars of chocolate, big bags of crisp and dip, urgh on Thursday and Friday I even have take out kebab and chips and yesterday had a curry! *facepalm*
Totally paying the price now :(

Do you think I've most likely put a couple of lbs on that are for keeps in a week out of the 7 I seem to have gained or is it just water/whatever else it could be?

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    3500cals = 1 lb of fat.. Chances are you getting a couple lbs of pure fat in a week is not likely!

Sounds like some of the gains are probably a small amount of fat gain and some is water weight. Look at my profile pic and never forget what you read. :wink: :drinker:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It will be mainly water weight plus food weight with maybe a small amount of fat gain. Stop eating as much, start exercising again and you will be back on track.
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I love that picture! :D

I figured as much that the best thing to do was to hop back on the wagon to get back on track. Was just hoping for a miracle :P
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    take out kebabs - not bad - the chips are the killers.
    curry - not bad - in fact I eat curries at least once a week and have done my entire weight loss journey. Curries are awesome.

family bars of choccy and bags of crisps...well...ok. They are not the best. They are done, eaten. Move on. Make a better choice today. And they when you get up tomorrow you make a better choice that day...and the next and the next and your bad week is old news and your good week is setting you up to make better choices more easily and consistently.