Looking for support/advice/inspiration!

Options
I joined awhile ago and lost 35lbs (I was still very very overweight..), then became pregnant and gained every pound plus some back. I'm not comfortable saying my weight right now, but I can say I have 125lbs to lose for my #1 goal! I'm 5 months post-partum. During my pregnancy I had high blood pressure that still has not resolved itself, so I am limited in my workouts. Nothing invasive, simple walking/light weights. I want to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, even though I'll still have a ways to go, it'll be a great start! Add me as a friend/message me, post before/after pictures, tell me your success stories, advice you have, anything! Happy weight loss to everyone!

Replies

• blwalton70
    blwalton70 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Start slow, if you can't work out, some days will be harder than others and you might go over your calories. It's important NOT to let this get you down. ONE bad meal or ONE bad day of bad eating does not mean you should let go totall and say " I will try again next week" I have been going at this for over 8 months. I have small children and some days I just want to eat an entire pan of mac n' cheese, but I don't. Put pics and inspirational quotes on your fridge to remind you why you are on here and what your goals are. This has to be for YOU and no one else, or it won't work long term. I have totally changed my relationship with food. My taste buds have changed. I no longer crave horrible foods because they are out of my system. I started have one cheat day a week a couple months ago and it reminds me why I eat healthy. I spend that entire cheat day sick to my stomach, with a headache, and I feel all irritated. Don't get me wrong, I have a treat at least once a day, you just have to have things in MODERATION. You will enjoy them more that way. I have had MANY ups and downs on this journey and I will continue to because it's a life long commitment I have made to myself. This isn't just soething you work on till you hit goal weight, this is for life. Good luck to you and your journey to weight loss and to being healthy! Feel free to write me anytime....