Annnnnnyone else working an overnight?

Options

Replies

• myrestlessfeet
    myrestlessfeet Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I work from home freelance website moderator and I work nights. 9 - 5 AM.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Im at work just signed up to do this fitness pal can you tell me a little about it?

I find it a really easy way to track what you eat and has helped me lose weight.
  • ferrytrip
    Options
    I work in IT as a keyboard monkey. 11pm-7am PST. Hours suck for a social life. It's great for the gym though.

I know that "social life" is a non-factor for me as well.
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Our hospital is like 6 city blocks too...its like a 350 bed hospital in DDuluth mn. But I don't do it anymore....I got sick of having to babysit all the crazies in the ER all the time.
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    Hi all

am a fire rescue fire fighter for the Australia outback mine's.... am on my 3rd night shift 1 more to go then home for 10 days..

Hello all-

Sounds dangerous.

Some parts of the job are.

i look after my crew well and they look after me..TEAM WORK.. but i love it,,, 12hrs shifts
  • Lobster1987
    Options
    ooooooh i hated the 12 hour shifts.... my landlord is a firefighter and he does 24 hour shifts
  • mineboy
    Options
    ooooooh i hated the 12 hour shifts.... my landlord is a firefighter and he does 24 hour shifts

what??????????????????
    he be allowed to sleep then, we not allowed..
  • ferrytrip
    Options
    Our hospital is like 6 city blocks too...its like a 350 bed hospital in DDuluth mn. But I don't do it anymore....I got sick of having to babysit all the crazies in the ER all the time.

I miss all that stuff, been dispatcing full time for the last 18 months. On a positive note I haven't been bitten or spat on in the last 18 months.
  • Lobster1987
    Options
    yeah i think he does 24 on and 24 off.
  • ferrytrip
    Options
    Hi all

am a fire rescue fire fighter for the Australia outback mine's.... am on my 3rd night shift 1 more to go then home for 10 days..

Hello all-

Sounds dangerous.

Some parts of the job are.

i look after my crew well and they look after me..TEAM WORK.. but i love it,,, 12hrs shifts

Sound like a good crew
  • Lobster1987
    Options

I miss all that stuff, been dispatcing full time for the last 18 months. On a positive note I haven't been bitten or spat on in the last 18 months.

I wanted to move up to dispatching but there weren't any openings....I always worked overnights so the majority of the time, the idiots were sleeping....after we shot them up with a little bit of vitamin H....god i love haldol....that stuff works like a charm!!
  • mineboy
    Options
    have just taken over this crew, they were made up of an other crews, and they lost there way a lot, management gave me this crew to help workout any issues they have, so its been hard work for me, but the team had worked through it together and i believe we are the number 1 team for the company..lol

but i will always say that.
  • Lobster1987
    Options
    have just taken over this crew, they were made up of an other crews, and they lost there way a lot, management gave me this crew to help workout any issues they have, so its been hard work for me, but the team had worked through it together and i believe we are the number 1 team for the company..lol

but i will always say that.

That's gotta be a good feeling :)
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd's in a factory. Enjoying my night off this week chatting on Skype and watching Netflix. Also making venison jerky at the moment and a batch of cookies before bed :D Love being awake for meteor showers!

That sounds like an awesome night! I do overnights in a call center, tech support for Google.

I do 4 pm - 5 am eastern in a call center as tech support....
  • MsKriss281
    MsKriss281 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am working my 3rd (12 hour shift) of 7 and honestly I'm not sure I can stand another cup of coffee at this point. I work in dispatch for a marine surveying company.

19236416.png
  • mineboy
    Options
    it is, i am pleased but i am also pleased for the crew.
  • ferrytrip
    Options
    I am working my 3rd (12 hour shift) of 7 and honestly I'm not sure I can stand another cup of coffee at this point. I work in dispatch for a marine surveying company.

19236416.png

seven 12 hour shifts in a row - icky - I haven't done anything that crazy since I was a supervisor.

So how many of us ejits are working Christmas and Christmas Eve?
  • ferrytrip
    Options
    I work 3rd's in a factory. Enjoying my night off this week chatting on Skype and watching Netflix. Also making venison jerky at the moment and a batch of cookies before bed :D Love being awake for meteor showers!

That sounds like an awesome night! I do overnights in a call center, tech support for Google.

I do 4 pm - 5 am eastern in a call center as tech support....

You guys must have the patience of saints
  • Lobster1987
    Options
    I'm stuck working Christmas!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck working Christmas!

I won't be. Only because this year it falls on my weekend off. Mon/Tues. If it didn't I would be.