Quads are now too big..

Options
13»

Replies

• chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i have big legs too... its a good thing to have genetics wise... just sucks that you have to buy new jeans all the damn time... and HIIT doesnt build nearly as much muscle as any type of resistance training... plus u want muscle its the fat that makes ur legs look like sh-t

For us guys you can never have too big of quads
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Must have a very strange mirror or some sort of body dysmorphia if you think those are large.
    Insanity.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    here is a photo for everyone who asked. 1st pic 3 weeks ago when I was happy with how I looked (well..reasonably happy!! ) 2nd photo..last night.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hqy03r&s=6
    They look the same to me...

How I lolled when I read they were too big :laugh:

Try getting jeans or trousers to fit on my bad boys! LOL

15809555_5553.jpg15809555_2843.jpg

Now that is swole. Great work
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Must have a very strange mirror or some sort of body dysmorphia if you think those are large.
    Insanity.

Agreed - look like a pair of standard womens legs - soft and not a huge amount of shape.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I would stop the protein shakes because protein is meat added to those thighs........
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I would stop the protein shakes because protein is meat added to those thighs........
    lol'd
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I don't think your legs are that big either. They fit your body. I personally would probably go bigger too!!!
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think your legs look great, but what matters IS WHAT YOU THINK! If you think they are "too bulky" then try the advice above.

Let this be a lesson to everyone. For 99% of the people on MFP you cannot have too many muscles. Starting threads like these will either incite a riot, or make yourself look like someone trolling for complements...period.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I grew up never having to worry about my weight, I could eat what I want and stayed lean through my mid 20s. When I was in elementary school, maybe 4th grade, I said to my mother, "Why do I have fat legs compared to the other girls in my class?" And she told me, "You do not have fat legs, you have shape. Those girls have stick legs and you have actual curves. Most grown women would kill to have the shape of your legs". From that day on, I was super proud of my shapely legs and was extremely happy I didn't have bird legs. Now as 35 year old woman, when I see posts where girls complain about their "big" legs, when what they really have are shapely legs that are no where near the definition of "big" it makes me very grateful for my mother.

That is all I have to contribute.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I heard people say the best way to lose weight is by doing HIIT but I recently read that HIIT also builds a lot of muscle compared to just running at the same pace...

NO

the only thing that builds a lot of muscle is a caloric surplus and heavy weight training

HIIT is an intense form of cardio and cardio does not build muscle

<<<See pic. I don't do weight training. Cardio built these quads.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I heard people say the best way to lose weight is by doing HIIT but I recently read that HIIT also builds a lot of muscle compared to just running at the same pace...

NO

the only thing that builds a lot of muscle is a caloric surplus and heavy weight training

HIIT is an intense form of cardio and cardio does not build muscle

<<<See pic. I don't do weight training. Cardio built these quads.

Yup.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    OP, your legs look fine - if anything, they could use a bit more size yet! Believe it or not, most of us guys dig that.
  • Karlbarbell
    Options
    Have you seen Barbell Apparel Jeans?! They make jeans for this with muscular legs and they're extremely functional so you never have to worry about ripping your jeans in the crotch ever again. www.BarbellApparel.com!!!!!
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    ummm-no.gif
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread!!
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm yet to see a single one of these style of posts that are accompanied by before/after pics or measurements.

Or a filled out profile.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Posts like these make me wonder why I even click on them...

OP, without even seeing a pic, I assure you that your quads are not too big. It's all in your head.

this- mine are 22-23" at this point and I don't find them to be bulky- but I know some people don't like them.

ah- we got necroed. damnit