crunches/situps

Options
which one is better and how much do i gota do to lose 2 inches off my waist in 3 weeks?

Replies

• rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    The answer to the first question is "crunches." Sit-ups put undue stress on your lower back and can be dangerous. The answer to the second question is "depends on the person."
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    You can do all the crunches you want; but, you need to burn the fat off the tummy for a difference
  • dfbarnhart
    Options
    a combination of both, just make sure you hold in your stomach and do them right. If your neck hurts you are doing them wrong. Also add running to help boost the calorie burning.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Losemomo - Crunches are definitely better and as the others say, your neck should not hurt. If it does you are doing it wrong. As for losing two inches off your waist? Chalean Johnson and many other fitness instructors say you won't see those rock hard ab muscles unless you burn fat. Which means you need to add muscle. I have been doing the ChaLEAN Extreme DVD for 3 weeks now and I lost 3 inches from my hips and 1 inch from my waist in 2 weeks. I'd love to tell you more about it if you like and help you reach your goals. Just private message me if you like. All the best to you!:flowerforyou:
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    You cannot target a particle area for weight loss:grumble: . That's reality. Exercise - cardio, and weight training - will help you lose sizes as well as watching your calorie in-take.:wink: