drunk eating

Options
does anyone else find it hard to avoid the maccy ds or kebab that follows drinks sometimes? I have such bad willpower when Im drunk :-( xx

Replies

• lozerington
    Options
    YES!!!!!

i'm trying to cut out drinking because of this! i also really need stooge the d ay after!!!

a good tip tho is to make sure you have oven chips or veggie burgers at home in your freezer and try and make yourself go home to cook it, not IDEAL but at lease your saving a few hundred calories! ;-)
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Here's my advice: stop getting drunk then.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is just a bunch of empty calories that for me led to nothing but bad choices, with my food choices being the least of my worries. If you're that concerned then I suggest stop drinking. It's a lot of calorie on its own without even factoring in the crap you eat while drunk. And if your hang over are anything like mine you ain't hitting the gym to work it off in the morning
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You don't have to cut out drinking entirely, especially if you enjoy the better stuff(like a good wine or scotch), but don't drink to get drunk.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    wineaerobics.jpg
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I rarely even have a glass of wine anymore because I lose all self-control over food. :grumble:
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I way overeat when drunk if I'm not careful. Make sure you eat before you drink so you don't get to bad-decisions-drunk as quickly and hopefully avoid the drunk munchies a little longer. Also, lots and lots of water while drinking; I find this curbs my food cravings the most and helps with the hangovers. And seriously, if the food's not right there in front of you, don't go out of your way to get it - you're drunk, go home and sleep!
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, just my opinion....
    I think that for me it is a state of mind... I know that Friday I went out with the hubby and afterwards he stopped in McDonald's, and asked me about 100 times, "Are you sure you are not hungry"? LOL, I love the man but wanted to shoot him... It smelled really good, but I walked out of there without eating and felt so much better for it... I am not saying it was easy but it was worth it...

You can do it.....
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    does anyone else find it hard to avoid the maccy ds or kebab that follows drinks sometimes? I have such bad willpower when Im drunk :-( xx

During the undergrad years I gained over 100 pounds - not from drinking alone but from absolutely crushing pizzas and other bad food after a long night of drinking. Most times I was hungry and it always seemed to help prevent a hangover. Looking back on it, I cannot believe that I used to do that!
  • karenc118
    karenc118 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same, chips on the way home! Im going to attempt 'dry january' theres a group on facebook, way to many nights out in december!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

crazy talk :laugh:

OP, this used to be my downfall and not drinking just isnt an option for me. what's worked for me is making sure to have some snacks at home waiting for me. the main draw of the post-drinking food was the convenience, so having stuff waiting for me at home helps.

you can have something like left over pizza, premade curry or lo mein, premade sandwich, etc

what's also helped is that i no longer live in a city where things are open 24/7. for instance i went out last night, was hungry but everything was closed except for the corner store and i ended up with smartfood popcorn :laugh: i used to be able to leave a bar at 2 am, get a slice or 2 of pizza or go to a diner with my friends and then stumble home. where i live now everything food related closes by 10 :laugh:

what also helps is making sure to eat something before you go out. i prefer something heavy on the protein.

also remember to drink your water when you're done.
  • nytexan01
    nytexan01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I travel for work and eat all meals in restaurants 3 - 5 days a week. At dinner, I want a glass of wine and a nice dinner. However, I have certainly learned to order BEFORE alcohol! Then don't order anything else. I tell them up front - no dessert, no bread & extras. Do not ask me, please. And I tell them I'm trying to lose weight and my will power may not withstand multiple offerings! Without fail, they are gracious and follow my requests. If they don't, I won't go back there and I tell them why.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Oh my God. When I drink, I feel insatiable. I'm a bottomless pit all of a sudden. And I crave the worst foods....That's when taco bell and burger king seem like WONDERFUL ideas.
  • Jwilliams57
    Jwilliams57 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree, when I drink, I don't drink to get drunk, and if I need to snack on something it''s veggies with fat free ranch dressing. So far I'm doing ok.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    THEN the next day I feel awful, so I have a bagel and coffee or huge restaurant breakfast so I can feel better, then I sleep the day away. This is why I don't drink! Plus the cost of it. Booze is full of calories, takes money from my wallet, makes me feel sick, tired and hungry, and gives me awful hangovers. No thanks!
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Whenever I drink, i couldn't care less about food. But then I drink more. So the calories in the drinks are probably insanely high. I miss drinking........ :( lol
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

That's bad advice.
  • ynotcycle
    ynotcycle Posts: 121 Member
    Options

That's terribad advice.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Drunken trips to the supermarket kill me. I buy loads of *kitten*, never eat it all, and wake up the next day with a fridge full of food that does not go together.

Thankfully I seem to have grown out of this, and its been a long time since I have been caught in Asda at midnight.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't feel well when I drink alcoholic beverages, so food is never an issue.