Hello everyone!

Options
I joined in October but just started getting serious the last 3 weeks. I am doing a lower carb and minimal sugar lifestyle change. I guess just eating healthier and making good choices.

I would love some fiends to talk with during this time. Someone who has something in common with me. I am 56 and in very poor health. I will not bore you too long on my list but a few are past heart attack and bypass surgery 10 years ago, a back that needs fusion so not able to walk much and in a fair about of pain through the day. Arthritis, pre diabetes, fibromyalgia and so on. Very unhappy and depressed. I had to quit my job as a dental hygiene educator because of my health (a story I will tell some other time). I loved teaching at the college level and really, really, really miss my job and the self purpose it gave me.

I have been married 36 years and have 2 children and 5 grandchildren. My son and daughter live near but my daughter and her 4 kids are across the country which is so sad for me.

Enough boo hooing!! I just wanted let you know a little about myself and if there are others who are "fat" and "depressed" and are fighting their way out of both or at least trying to let's be friends and help each other out.

I live in the NW. I like to read and watch TV. Someday as my health improves I hope to do more than just "sit" to enjoy life. I am thinking of starting a blog on here to collect my thoughts and purge my feelings. I hesitate because I don't talk to people about what I am going through. Obviously they can see I have problems but I mask my depression and pain pretty well. This post was a hard one to write. Keep thinking who wants to hear all this. But must start somewhere so here it is.

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from some of you.

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cheri. Food choices are the key to losing the weight. By this I mean kinds of food and portion amounts. If you don't have a food scale I would suggest you may want to get one. I have learned that just estimating isn't a good idea. Use the food diary everyday, it really helps. And Congrats on the 15lbs. Add some friends and read their food diaries you might get some ideas. We all have came for a reasons, but we might have taken different paths or reasons. I will be 56 this week and just got tired of the yo-yoing. I also have children and grandchildren and want to be able to keep up with them. I wanted to get this under control before I get to retirement. I am sending you a friend request. You can make this work.
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is quite the story. I'm really sorry to hear that you have had to deal with so many health issues. Congratulations for starting your journey to better health. I'm 33 and have struggled with being overweight for my entire life. I have watched my mom and dad (both going through similar health issues as you) struggle with their weight for their entire lives. Add me if you want a friend...I will support you!
  • LuvHinesWard86
    LuvHinesWard86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm sorry to hear about all your health issues. I hope this site can help you. Feel free to add me. We're al lin this together.