I slipped

Options
I had gone 54 days straight on logging and staying under my caloric intake for the day and was proud of myself, that was until yesterday. I knew that I would be unable to count for my dinner as I was going to the company christmas party so I was party screwed with that and then came the alcohol. I ened up going over my calories for the day and almost 2 months of work is gone and I have to start again. So much for feeling proud as now I feel like crap.

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Your work is not gone, nor do you have to star over. Just continue as normal from now on.
    To think that you can never have fun or indulge is nonsense as long as you don't over do it everyday you're fine. Enjoy life don't make it difficult and don't beat yourself up.
  • blf20
    blf20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When you sip on ice and snow you get up and keep walking. So, get up and keep walking :)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Since when is one day the end of the world and the result -- screwing up months of work....

um no. you're fine. don't be so hard on yourself!
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    U r being way to hard on yourself. You seem to be doing great. You had fun yesterday so do better today.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that none of this is linear...just because you go over on a particular day doesn't mean squat. You need to focus on the bigger picture. You need to look at things over a longer period of time and those trends. A day here and there doesn't make you or break you.

Also, like my 2.5 year old says...when I ask him, "what to you do when you fall down?"....he says, "Get back up." Beating yourself up is not going to have any value whatsoever.