Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What should I expect,Why No change, What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member

Last week:
    Arm 17.7
    Waist 48
    Belly 59
    Hips 55
    *kitten* 53
    Thigh H 32.5
    Thigh L 19.9
    Calf 17.5
    Bust 51.5

This week:
    Arm 17.5
    Waist 47.2
    Belly 56.1
    Hips 56
    *kitten* 53
    Thigh H 31
    Thigh L 19.9
    Calf 17.5
    Bust 52

I put your numbers into fat2fitradio.com. I estimated your neck measurement at 19 inches (total guess) to calculate your military body fat calculation. I got 57%. Then I put that number in the BMR calculator estimating your goal weight (at least a first goal) of 200 pounds. Here is what it says:

Custom BMR Calculation

Thanks for checking your BMR here on Fat 2 Fit Radio. If you're not already subscribed to Fat 2 Fit Radio, consider doing so today. Please visit the Subscribe page to get the podcast delivered automatically to your iTunes, Juice, e-mail inbox or the podcatcher of your choice for FREE.

Entered information: 19 year old female, 66 inches tall, weighing 276 pounds.

From the information that you entered, you'd like to weigh 200 lbs.

Katch-McArdle Forumla

The numbers above are fairly accurate, however they don't take into account your lean body mass. A more accurate formula that does take your lean body mass into account is the Katch-McArdle formula. Since many of us have scales that will tell us our current body fat, this formula may yield more accurate results. Based on the information you provided, body fat percentage of 57%, you have a lean body mass of 119 lbs., and your BMR is 1538 calories.

How Many Calories Should I Eat?

Based on your goal weight, the following chart was generated. The chart shows the number of calories that you should eat on a daily basis to reach your goal weight. At Fat 2 Fit Radio we advocate eating like the thin, healthy person that you want to become. The calorie levels you see in the chart are not extreme, but they do create that all important caloric deficit that is required to get you to your goal weight in a safe manner. Once you reach your goal weight, you will continue eating the same number of calories for the rest of your life to maintain that weight. You'll never be on a diet again.

Based on how much activity you do on an average day, the calories in the right column will be the number of calories that you will be able to eat at your goal weight. If you start eating those calories right now (eating like the thinner you), you will eventually become that thinner person. As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point.

Activity Level

Daily Calories

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job)

Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)

Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)

Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)

Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

These numbers mean that you should not eat less than 1537 calories (BMR = minumum number of calories needed to maintain healthy organ function). Based on your exercise, I would start with the lightly active or moderately active designation and set your calories for in between the two. Give it a month (it takes your body a while to adjust and this will lessen your frustration) and check your weight and measurements again. I might set mine, if I were you, at 2050 calories for the first month (you can set a little lower than the nubers given to hasten the loss). Depending upon results you can adjust for the next month. Once you get to (or close to) 200, you should recalculate for new goals. Remember you can fluctuate 5 pounds per day just in water, but remember a full pound is 3500 calories.

Patience is key here - you can do this!!
  • It is very common to see a maintain or even a slight gain the week after a big loss. With women there is also the possibility that you are packing water weight on if you are nearing your period. After about 6 weeks you will begin to see a pattern....for me, in a month, it is Lose, lose big, lose small then maintain or small gain. .Lather rinse repeat monthly.
    If you know you have eaten well and have been honest with yourself on portions and calories, just keep plugging along, the body will catch up.
  • it is not going to happen overnight, you need to give your body time to adjust to everything that your doing sweetie... as a side note, your pee color is from the vitamins, no worries, your body is just filtering out what it does not need...
  • Thanks so much everyone :) I'm glad my pee color is normal lol. I'm getting confused as to how many calories to consume. I have 1600-2050. :P I know I can do whatever I set my mind to I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thats so much for giving me those numbers by the way. Scary to see that im at 50+% but that will change over time.. I'm going to stay away from the scale for a month or so and just focus on measurements. I'll cut down my sodium to 1750g per/day (just cause 1500 is a bit hard for me AT FIRST, but ill get there eventually). and I was wondering, what should my carbs/fats/protiens be per day? I'm sorry for all the questions but i REALLY appreciate all the nice positive replys! :) Thanks so much. I know it hasnt been long I'm just really new to this. ><
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    It sounds like you are making lots of changes so your body will need time to adjust. The headaches could be a reaction to the decreased sugar and caffeine, you said you cut pop. I get head aches if I don't have caffeine.

Don't eat way under your calories, it is important to fuel your body, to little could be just as bad as to much. If the light headedness continues talk to your doctor.

Weight loss isn't always linear sometimes I lose four lbs, sometimes two, sometimes nothing but when I average it out in the end I lose two lbs a week on average using the setting MFP gave me to lose 2 lbs a week.

Be patient you didn't gain it overnight and you won't lose it overnight it is a marathon not a sprint!

Good luck
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Thanks so much everyone :) I'm glad my pee color is normal lol. I'm getting confused as to how many calories to consume. I have 1600-2050. :P I know I can do whatever I set my mind to I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thats so much for giving me those numbers by the way. Scary to see that im at 50+% but that will change over time.. I'm going to stay away from the scale for a month or so and just focus on measurements. I'll cut down my sodium to 1750g per/day (just cause 1500 is a bit hard for me AT FIRST, but ill get there eventually). and I was wondering, what should my carbs/fats/protiens be per day? I'm sorry for all the questions but i REALLY appreciate all the nice positive replys! :) Thanks so much. I know it hasnt been long I'm just really new to this. ><

As long as you eat more than your BMR (which is an estimate, as are all the numbers..but you can actually have your doctor test it if you want), you will be good. So, eat between 1600 and 2050; just pick a number and give it a month to see what happens. If you set it at 1600 and find yoruself hungry all the time, up it a bit. i set my protein at 1gram per pound of lean body mass (weight minus body fat) - I eat 120 grams per day on a perfect day. You should aim for about 140 grams per day. I have to add protein shakes (low carb ones) to get to my protein numbers on most days. i use one that is about 300 calories with 50 grams of protein (after I add fruit to it) per shake so it helps me get to the goal.
  • Kimsykoo
    Kimsykoo Posts: 1 Member
    You are gaining muscle which will affect the results on the scales! Muscle is good! Keep up the great efforts!
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Definitely some great advice going on here. As everyone said change takes time. Looking at your dairy you are eating a lot of sodium. When I go over on sodium or even close to that 2500 mg I drink at least 12 glasses of water. Water weight for women is definitely a bear. I would suggest that you add some veggies to your diet. That will also help you feel better.
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    bump
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    You are gaining muscle which will affect the results on the scales! Muscle is good! Keep up the great efforts!

nah, not after 2 weeks.

Keep up the good work...I would get at least 100g of protein and go from there
    Also look into a good beginner weight training program.

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs
    http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    This thread is full of great advice.

Frankie+says+relax_small.gif
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    I see that your measurements are all down. THIS is what is really important. The scale is deceptive. Focus on the smaller measurements, and more energy and strength.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

She will not be gaining muscle - on a deficit with no lifting.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Weight loss is not linear and is overshadowed often by water weight fluctuations. I would keep doing what you are doing, give it a few more weeks and reassess.

ETA: Re your comment "I haven't so much changed WHAT I eat, I just eat in moderation. I decided that changing WHAT i eat would be already so much to change since I have actively been keeping up with all the other changes I made which to me is HUGE." This is a very sensible approach imo.
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    What I've noticed works the best for me, eating less than I was, and moving more. Hang in there, don't go back!
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    I didn't read through all of the replies, so somebody probably already mentioned it, but I think you need to rethink the crap you are eating. I see a lot of pre-packaged, fat and sodium packed foods. Some days you aren't getting enough calories, which causes our bodies to go into starvation mode and resist weight loss. Consider cooking more of your meals from scratch, that way you get to control the ingredients! You need to eat more nutrient-dense foods.
  • bump
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,722 Member
    There won't be a loss every week because of water weight fluctuations. You are doing awesome keep it up!
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Weight loss takes TIME. If your feeling better that is what matters. Stay off the scale, most of the time they aren't correct. Example: i've been doing this for about three months now and I know I have lost alot of weight. Anyway, I got on a scale last night and it said I weighed more then when I started this life style. Just keep at it and you will see more changes.
  • gifty2
    gifty2 Posts: 1 Member
    This will happen. I get frustrated when this happens also, but know that regardless of whether you lost the weight for the week (or 2) that this is your new lifestyle and you are happier with it regardless. Keep going, the pounds will continue to drop off.