Moderation - help

boniekatie
boniekatie Posts: 147
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, so I am a very passionate person and I totally put everything into whatever I am involved in. The first week I was on MFP I was on the site constantly, logging everything, reading posts, answering posts. It really helped me stay on track, but unfortunatly I got way behind on my homework. I'm afraid if I back off of my MFP participation I will lose interest and fade back to my old life, however if I don't find time for my homework I will flunk out of grad school. Help me find a happy medium, please.

Replies

• Maybe you could set aside 15-30minutes a day or so in the mornings or at night where you plan your meals for the day or for the next day and scan the message boards and read and participate?
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Without MFP, I wouldn't be sticking with this. I was off the wagon for 2 months, and MFP really helped me get back to where I need to be. That being said, of course you can't neglect other important things in your life. Make a rule for yourself- get your work done, and then you can play on MFP.
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    I had this problem when I was in nursing school with myspace. This is what I did:

My attention span only lasts 40-50 minutes...after that I start to get side tracked and end up reading but not really absorbing anything. I'd keep a mindful eye on the clock and take 10-20 of time for the internet and then hit the books again. Set a timer if you need to.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    When I was going to school I used things I wanted to do as rewards for doing well in school. So in your case an example would be.....you have to do two hours of studying and then you can spend half hour on MFP or if you have a paper to write you can't get on MFP until it is done. It helped me a lot to even set a kitchen timer for the two hours AND for the half hour so that you don't go over/under.
This discussion has been closed.