NEED OUT OF THIS OFFICE!

Options
Ok, so, I used to wait tables so I was used to being active and on my feet all day, now I work in an office and I CANNOT stand sitting all day long, it makes me feel like crap, and like I need to over work myself at the gym. Also, everyone eats all day and we have candy, candy, and more candy. Sometimes I just can't say no to it, even when I dont really even want it! Then I end up skipping out on real food b/c I used all of my calories for candy or chips. I tried bring healthy snacks to work, but then I sit there and eat them all day, plus the candy! So all day long I feel like all I eat are processed snacks, and its starting to make me feel horrible. I need help!

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Ok, so, I used to wait tables so I was used to being active and on my feet all day, now I work in an office and I CANNOT stand sitting all day long, it makes me feel like crap, and like I need to over work myself at the gym. Also, everyone eats all day and we have candy, candy, and more candy. Sometimes I just can't say no to it, even when I dont really even want it! Then I end up skipping out on real food b/c I used all of my calories for candy or chips. I tried bring healthy snacks to work, but then I sit there and eat them all day, plus the candy! So all day long I feel like all I eat are processed snacks, and its starting to make me feel horrible. I need help!

Maybe you should make a choice to just not eat junk food at all. It's easier to say no if you've already made up your mind that you're not going to waste calories on junk. I find that if I try to moderate myself, I end up having no control, but when I decide to not have any junk food, it gets a bit easier.
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    I'm like Brenda - not good at "moderation" - I usually eat way more than I wanted to if I eat any. Saying no has gotten easier over time.

I have a desk job too and I got a Stride Cycle XL for under my desk. It doesn't do a whole lot but it does keep my legs moving and my joints from getting too stiff (I have rheumatoid arthritis).
  • horsepal
    horsepal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Almost every office has a policy of breaks and lunch times, I just got back from a brisk 30 minute walk and chalked up 153 calories lost.

You can get out and get some air on your breaks and lunch times and maybe that would help you set a new standard for your toxic office.

Good luck!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Do you sit in an office chair? If so you should think about using a big yoga ball (pop resistant). This is what I sit on all day at work.... I bounce around and move constantly. When I sit in a chair I tend to slouch which constricts breathing and was making me crave crap too - less good oxygen makes you sleepy... Just a thought anyways! But it helped me a LOT! Well wishes to you on your weight loss journey. Just tell yourself for 1 day you're not going to eat junk food, and the rest will follow right behind. It feels good to complete a mini goal, even a 1 day goal :) You can do it!
  • beatnik
    Options
    I have the same temptations at work, it's the worst during the holidays! I let everyone in m office know that I'm changing my eating habits and asked them not to offer me treats, helps a lot!
  • beatnik
    Options
    Also, whenever I am doing interoffice runs I take the stairs and jog them!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I bring a small portion of "junk" type foods into the office with my lunch. It helps me resist the pound of butter cookies made by the receptionist.

I brought in 3 squares of 73% dark chocolate. When she came around, I had the chocolate ready. It helps me with cravings and also with politely turning down the home baked treats. "oh sorry I already have a snack! Thanks though!"

I don't keep bags of anything at my desk. I would snack all day long!
  • Carleybby
    Options
    Do you sit in an office chair? If so you should think about using a big yoga ball (pop resistant). This is what I sit on all day at work.... I bounce around and move constantly. When I sit in a chair I tend to slouch which constricts breathing and was making me crave crap too - less good oxygen makes you sleepy... Just a thought anyways! But it helped me a LOT! Well wishes to you on your weight loss journey. Just tell yourself for 1 day you're not going to eat junk food, and the rest will follow right behind. It feels good to complete a mini goal, even a 1 day goal :) You can do it!

I love the idea of the yoga ball.