Workouts to help SHELF *kitten* AND THUNDER THIGHS

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit to lose the fat. Squats, deadliifts, lunges and hill sprints to look good when you do.
  • Constant_Nova
    Constant_Nova Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Brazillian booty lift... its a bit on the expensive end at 60$ for the set but its well worth it. reshapped my butt in 2 weeks but then my diet caused it to go back so you might want to consider both diet and exercise. I just recently started with MFP almost a month into it and I play zumba core on the wii 5 days a week for 45 min and my shelf melted and is just about gone and my thighs are smaller. I am going to reintroduce the brazillian booty lift back into my routine as I do need to tone and thats what the workout does. hope this helps, good luck!!!!!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit to lose the fat. Squats, deadliifts, lunges and hill sprints to look good when you do.

^She's smart. This!

Oh yeah, WTF happened in this thread? ROFL.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I think I may check into that Brazaillian Butt Lift......sounds wonderful. And I would LOVE to run BUT still too fat.....too much jiggling going on. And to the person who said learn to love yourself.....that is why I am here on MFP. If I loved myself I would'nt care now would I? I want to be happy and healthy and look good too. Thanks for the advice!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

This. Unfortunately our problem areas are the last place fat leaves.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Shelf *kitten* = you can set a drink on it.

I had one and it's gone. Just lost weight, no special exercises but basic walking.

yeah my butt shelf if with hers. eat below your TDEE and exercise. no more booty shelf

and in the meantime, wear proper fitting clothes, mmmkay? just cus the lady in the photo COULD squeeze into that jeans and tee doesnt mean she should have. that photo has more to do with the fact that she choose her clothes poorly because there's absolutely no reason anyone should be popping out of their clothes like a tube of biscuits like that
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting really is the best option for you.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    low fat diet, abs and lower back exercises. Work those corset muscles!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    My weight is all in my thighs and hips. I just finished the first month of Brazilian Butt Lift by Beachbody, and it is wonderful! Inches are actually coming off of my "thunder thighs" for the first time!

It REALLY works out your butt and also has a lot of lower body workouts, abs, strength, cardio, and core.

Check it out!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Shelf *kitten* is the greatest descriptive I've heard all day.

That said, keep doing what you're doing. As your weight goes down, your personal shelving problem will go down as well. You can't spot reduce, unfortunately :)

But, to give you hope:

Several years ago I was a member of a gym and there was a woman there who was the epitome of a pear-shaped woman; all her weight was in her bum and legs. She was a little taller than me, so probably around 5'10", and was very open about the fact that her highest weight was close to 300 pounds. I saw her, over the course of a couple of years, loose her excess weight. Yes, her bum and legs took the longest to reduce. But they DID reduce. The last I saw her before moving, she was more of an hourglass than a pear and you'd never know her former body shape if she didn't tell you or you didn't see pictures.

So, it will happen :)

ETA: she watched her cals and did a cardio/ strength training circuit if you're wondering.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    popping out of their clothes like a tube of biscuits like that

:laugh:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Well there is an area in the upper butt region that can lump out with excess fat, disrupting the curve to the lower back area. It doesn't really have to do with lift or firmness, and it's not aesthetically pleasing. That is probably what the OP is referring to.

Extreme case in very bad fitting jeans

2crwpde.jpg

You're welcome :laugh:
    No, no. This is just a scary case of "muffin top". "Shelf *kitten*" is this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEBa30VtjPjBuTHM7OF6d2JxojIvisXMUrKG_FBpmiF9sWZzXR
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Butt Bible is cheap on Amazon and works!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I think I may check into that Brazaillian Butt Lift......sounds wonderful. And I would LOVE to run BUT still too fat.....too much jiggling going on. And to the person who said learn to love yourself.....that is why I am here on MFP. If I loved myself I would'nt care now would I? I want to be happy and healthy and look good too. Thanks for the advice!

There is no reason not to run because of jiggle- it's like avoiding stretching because you're not flexible. a proper bra (or 2 - I wear 2) and compression gear can minimize the jiggle. If you're not comfortable with your butt in compression pants, you can try compression pants with a built in skirt on top (they're called running skirts). A properly fitted pair of shoes will take a lot of stress off your joints, too. If it's too much stress on your joints, that's one thing, but just being heavy doesn't mean you can't run!
  • poesch77
    Options

No, no. This is just a scary case of "muffin top". "Shelf *kitten*" is this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEBa30VtjPjBuTHM7OF6d2JxojIvisXMUrKG_FBpmiF9sWZzXR

bahaha! Ok....sooooo NOT this bad! Thanks for the laugh!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    LOL you are a hoot. First, your jeans are too small..just buy a bigger pair and that should help. I have had the same problem. I laugh to myself and call that "back *kitten*"...lol.

Btw.. when i lost a full 30 pounds a year or so ago..it went totally away. It is just where my body gains it first..and loses it last.

good luck..just lose the pounds...and when it is gone.. you are at goal.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

There is no reason not to run because of jiggle- it's like avoiding stretching because you're not flexible. a proper bra (or 2 - I wear 2) and compression gear can minimize the jiggle. If you're not comfortable with your butt in compression pants, you can try compression pants with a built in skirt on top (they're called running skirts). A properly fitted pair of shoes will take a lot of stress off your joints, too. If it's too much stress on your joints, that's one thing, but just being heavy doesn't mean you can't run!

Agreed! I started running at 195 lbs. I'm currently 183. I know I jiggle when I run, I can feel it in my butt. And I do this on the treadmill. There is a man who comes to my gym and if he comes in after me, I watch him look for me (while pretending he isn't) and then he takes the treadmill behind me, hahahaha.
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Some may not agree BUT Leslie Sansone's 4 fast miles dvd is AWESOME! I have been doing her workout for almost 2 months now and my butt and thighs were the first to start shrinking! Her videos have a lot of kicks and knee lifts which obviously are good for your butt and thighs. When I do her dvds, I up the intensity a bit with higher kicks and knee lifts. I really didn't think that it would make too much of a difference when I started her dvds but I have to say that her workouts are basic but great. And like I said, if you up the intensity some, you will get even better results. Here 4 fast miles dvd is about 50 mins and I burn about 350 calories while doing it. Hope this helps. :) Also, deadlifts with heavier weights are good too!
  • poesch77
    Options
    Thanks all for the replies! I am gonna order Brazilian Butt Lift!
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, benchpress, military press, rows.

Rinse and repeat.

PS, eat right first!

QFT