What are your goals for 2013?

Options
What are your goals for 2013? When are you starting and what are you doing to achieve those goals?

Replies

• plaingirly
    Options
    I started this whole healthy me plan 4 weeks ago but my aim is to continue!

I want to be a healthy weight by my birthday in June. No more obese!

I want to like myself and make the time to do all the girly stuff like hair and make up.

I want to finally get consistent about taking my vitamins.

I want to get strong both physically and emotionally.

I want to keep logging my food and stay involved with the community side of this site as that is really helping me.

I want to have a positive view of myself.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    1. Decrease my body fat %
    2. Increase my strength
    Complete both by lifting heavier :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight - weighing/measuring foods, logging, walking and lifting

Finish book - writing bits every day until done

Sell book - set up account to accept payments, hit social networks for advertizing myself
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Any goals?

~Stick to MFP and reach my goal weight. I can be patient.
    ~Get back into horseback riding and start training my new 6 year old cremello mare. (She's a late x-mas present from me to me ;)
    ~Pay off my debts a little at a time.
    ~My University barely let me back in after dismissing me 3 years ago because of a failing GPA. I plan on working my *kitten* off and getting into the nursing program. That will be my biggest challenge yet.

:):)
  • sbarrer586
    sbarrer586 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Become 260lbs by feburary
    Become 220lbs by May and Earn a Blazer!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Maintain my weight of 165 lbs.
    And tone up.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Get back under 140 and stay there!

Run a half-marathon

Do the gold obedience award with my dog and start agility training with her in the spring.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Unassisted pull ups
    Better upper glutes
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    1. Decrease my body fat %
    2. Increase my strength
    Complete both by lifting heavier :)

as far as my body and MFP are concerned these are my goals for 2013!
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Maintain my weight, exercise more.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    fitness wise: I want to reach my goal weight by my 1 year anniversary on MFP, which is mid march. I have 30lbs to go and just joined a New Year's 10 week challenge starting the first. I'm hoping that will keep me motivated to stick to it and work my *kitten* off. I know 30lbs in 3 months can be ambitious but I would love to be able to say I lost all the weight in a year.

life wise: By the end of the year I want at least one new tattoo and to get my lip pierced. I also want to either find better paying job or position at work or get a second job to pay off bills. My Jeep is due to be paid off January 2014, my goal is to pay it off before the 2013 holiday season.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    well i am trying to get to 160-170 by may 5th for my beach vacation so that is approx 30-40 more pounds and 160 is my UGW. so i think ill end up more around 180 by may 5th with how slow my weight loss has been going. but ill aim high and be happy either way :).

as for what i am doing? i will continue to eat healthy and try to add in more of a variety of exercise.
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Get down to a size 6.
    Start lifting heavy.
    Get my etsy shop up and running.
    Write more. Way more.

ETA: Make it to my wedding day without murdering any of my family. If I hear one more, "You're not doing (xyz)? But it's tradition!" I swear... :grumble:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Starting tomorrow it's back to the gym and I am starting insanity. My plans are to lead out a LOT more, maybe drop some weight (which might be mpossible but we'll see).
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Since I've reached my weight loss goal. My goals for the new year focus more on my inner self.

*I'm currently in the motions to become a certified Yoga Instructor. So completing that in 2013 would be great!
    *Travel to Ireland, England, Spain or Greece(all of the above would be nice)
    *Volunteer-I always talk about doing it, this year I'm going to!
    *Compete in the Tough Mudder
    *Compete(again) in the Run for Your Lives Zombie Obstacle course
    *Road trip with my Fiance

Those are my 2013 goals!
  • CinnamonKai
    CinnamonKai Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Let's see:
    I want to lose about 20 lbs, and be more toned before my birthday (in November);
    Being able to kick this terrible sugar addiction (I really wish I could say no to holiday cookies);
    Learn how to be a better vegetarian (Thus meaning, learn how to cook for myself. hahaha);
    Continue to be successful in my classes and excel within my major (Japanese);
    Hopefully get a new job by the end of summer...
    There's tons more, but I think I'm going to stop here.
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    to lose 50lbs and start up running again
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Fitness goal: Lift 3X a week (no more skinnyfat!)
    Weight goal: 130
    Size goal: 6
  • jenihullett
    jenihullett Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have two goals that sort of conflict with each other.... but whichever one I reach (maybe both!) would be alright by me.

1. I want to lose these last 20 lbs so that I am firmly into a healthy BMI range. To do this, I have been doing Turbo Fire and monitoring what I eat. I would like to get more green veggies in next year. Once I reach my goal weight I plan to start lifting weights to tone out.

-OR-

2. I would like to get pregnant now that I am not severely overweight, and maintain a healthy lifestyle throughout my pregnancy.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    My goal for the upcoming year is to maintain my weight/size while getting into fantastic shape.... and I'm starting now. :)