If you like hummus

Go to your local Aldi and find their sampler pack of hummus. It has jalapeno cilantro flavored in it and it's to DIE for. I'm gonna have to figure out how to make this flavor

Replies

• "like" is not a strong enough word for my relationship with hummus!
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    I have to agree!!!!! And this stuff is OMG...like i had to refrain from eating the whole amount in the container!
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 223 Member
    Jalapeno cilantro hummus sounds fabulous! If you come with a recipe, please share! :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    If you like hummus, try making your own. Homemade > storebought. I recommend trying a roasted red pepper hummus recipe, mmmmm.
  • christjoy07
    christjoy07 Posts: 8 Member
    Me too! Obsessed is a better word when it comes to hummus and I. I have eaten a whole 6 z container in one sitting.
  • christjoy07
    christjoy07 Posts: 8 Member
    I made a hummus with some black eye peas one time... It was great!
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Go to your local Aldi and find their sampler pack of hummus. It has jalapeno cilantro flavored in it and it's to DIE for. I'm gonna have to figure out how to make this flavor

Sounds delish! If you already have a recipe for a basic hummus, my guess would be use lime juice in place of the lemon, and just puree a fresh jalapeno and cilantro in a food processor then mix into it Remove stem from jalapeno, and as for the seeds, if you like it hotter, leave them in, if not then remove them too. Might even add a dash of tabasco or chipotle pepper too.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Is it spicy?
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Trader Joe's as a jalapeno cilantro hummus that is also delicious! Add some carrots, green peppers or pretzel crisps and it's the perfect snack.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Someone brought homemade hummus and veggies to a Christmas party I had last week and this thread just reminded me to ask her for the recipe. I'll post it when she sends it!
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Everything and anything is better with a smattering of hummus. I make at least 1 huge batch a week and am always changing up my recipe.
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    I love hummus but for some reason I only like the roasted red pepper kind from Sabra. I have tried other flavors/brands and this was the only one that I could eat the whole container of! Everyday I eat 2 tbsp with pretzel crisps or veggies at lunch :)
  • robinrsimmons428
    robinrsimmons428 Posts: 42 Member
    I have to have my husband hide the hummus containers. I will litteraly eat the entire container in one sitting!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Actually, jalapeno cilantro hummus is made by infusing the oil. Take whatever olive oil you are using and process it with the chopped cilantro and the pepper until it makes a thick oil paste and then add that to the chickpeas. It is delicious with ghost peppers, too, but keep in mind that all chilis are spicier in the winter so start with less to be safe.