30 day shred

Options
Im about to start the 30 day shred. I was just wondering what size weights I should use? Also wondering what kind of resuts anyone had after using it. I currently use 8 pound weights during my normal exersize routine. P.S I could use some more friends that have their diarys open too. Thanks!

Replies

• Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a full 30-day shred, but I've used it as a filler for when I'm in-between fitness memberships, or as a pick-me-up for days when it's too gross outside for me to motivate myself to go out.

I'm not that fit (I'm about 36% body fat right now, and around 232lbs, down from 260 in September). When I do kettlebell swings, I use 45lbs. I'm more interested in lower rep, higher weight workouts.

The heaviest weights I own are only 8lbs, so that's what I used for the workout. It definitely didn't make it a super-intense weight program, but it served as a pretty decent cardio program (bicycle is my main form of transportation, but I don't do much high intensity cardio, so perhaps that's why I thought this was a good cardio workout).

Try it with 8lbs. If that's too light, kick it up a notch.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I started out with 3 and 5 lb weights only.

Depending on the exercise, I use 5, 8 and 12 lb weights now.

The squat to presses in the first circuit in level one go on for so long (24 reps!) that I can only use 5, and even then by the time it's done I'm about to die.

If it went on for only 12 reps, I could easily use 8's and not really be hurting that bad.

Another example - in level 2, I was using 5 lb weights for the pendelum lunges and bicep curls. Now I use 8's and by the time that one's done, I'm about to keel over...
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have done 30 ds 2 times, i started with 3 lb weight and moved to 5 and then 10. i lost no weight with it but did lose inches.
  • ctj101502
    Options
    I started out w/ the bars and no weights, then by the end I was doing 10lbs each bar. I am going back now after a yr of nothings, so gonna start back w/ just the single bars, I think they weight 2 or 3 lbs each. I never kept track of weight loss results when doing it specifically. I was losing weight from eating better and moving more. But, I found a significant health improvement, I was able to run up the stairs and play soccer and do perfect lunges afterwards. My over all athletic abilities came back from high school and I felt great doing it
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i have done 30 ds 2 times, i started with 3 lb weight and moved to 5 and then 10. i lost no weight with it but did lose inches.
    Wow! Dats a helluva job to do, I really envy u.
    Am trying to do level one and I need to u tell me the reps done in each exercise if u can cos the video keeps freezing on YouTube when am doing it, I don't own the DVD so I go to YouTube, tanx in advance.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    it's less then 10 bucks at walmart. i really like her dvd's. I have also completed rin30 once and the second time i stopped half way through as i got slim in 6..
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Do it!! I did mine with 2kg weights - about 4.4lb, I'd have done it with 5lb but they're hard to find over here.

PhotoGrid_1354167182409.jpg

I'm about half a pound heavier in the right picture than the left, but I lost inches, and a few days after finishing I lost about 3lb.
  • rburd12
    Options
    Do it!! I did mine with 2kg weights - about 4.4lb, I'd have done it with 5lb but they're hard to find over here.

PhotoGrid_1354167182409.jpg

I'm about half a pound heavier in the right picture than the left, but I lost inches, and a few days after finishing I lost about 3lb.

More proof that the number on the scale doesn't matter! thanks so much for posting this-- it's very encouraging!!!
  • carfamily08
    Options
    I just finished. I started off with 2lb weights and moved on to 3lb. weights sometime in level 2. I lost 10 pounds and about 2 dress sizes (started off still needing a 12, now am comfortably in an 8).
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    Options
    I've been using 2 lb weights, but haven't stuck with it consistently. My ankles are weak and both sprained after a week the first time I attempted it. Now, I'm doing it every other day, but looks Iike I'll need to give it a rest since my shin splints aren't completely healed. o_O