How much is too much?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I think i need to look more into what are acceptable calories and eat more of those. In the past I have tended to eat very poorly and eating less was the only way to keep my weight in check. Need to do a lot more research it looks like.

Acceptable calories are any food, preferably nutrient dense ones, that allow you to hit your macros which should pretty much be any food if you plan appropriately.
    I would start off with PopTarts.

No, ice cream inside of a poptart sandwich.

You been looking at my diary again? :wink:
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Currently I am doing 2 hours of cardio in the morning and and hour of strength training. And at night I am also doing another 1-2 hours of cardio. I keep upping the intensity on all these exercises and I always feel like I can do more when I'm done. How much is too much I am starting to get worried that I am on the track to hurting myself or not having a social life.

On a side note I have been doing this for about a month now and I have lost noticeable inches on my body. However, the scale is not moving at all. Literally not a pound. I am a 6'0 guy and im eating about 1700 cals a day. And no I havent binged a single time. Completely cut soda and fast food out of my life so not really sure whats going on. Maybe my scales broken :)

1. It will mess up your endocrine system, weakening your body.
    2. Your weight will stall out due to the massive deficit.
    3. You will get sick or burnt out which can lead to severe depression (this is what happened to me at one point)

No point in doing all that, seriously.
    If you are pushing the intensity all the time that's exactly what will happen. Over time you will find yourself getting run down and weak and not wanting to exercise at all.

For the cardio -
    If you feel you need to exercise that much then one of the cardio sessions each day needs to be low intensity and probably no more than around 45 min max. The high intensity shouldn't be more than around an hour no more than 2 or three times a week. If you are going more than an hour in one session keep it to medium or low intensity. Once a week rest or keep it to one session and short.

If you overload your body's ability to recover you will quickly plateau and improvements will stop. If you don't back off at that point fitness will decline.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I think i need to look more into what are acceptable calories and eat more of those. In the past I have tended to eat very poorly and eating less was the only way to keep my weight in check. Need to do a lot more research it looks like.

Acceptable calories are any food, preferably nutrient dense ones, that allow you to hit your macros which should pretty much be any food if you plan appropriately.

Creepin' is what I do, darling :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Get a room, you two!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Get a room, you two!

Is that the stink of jealousy I detect? :P
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Your definitely doing too much cardio, in my opinion. I aim for 30 minutes a day.