what do you want to do when you reach your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wear my shirt tucked in!

I have multiple goal weights, really. Right now I'm eating 40% below TDEE, and after I lose 13 more lbs. I'll be 199. I've been gradually increasing my exercise over the last couple of months to strengthen injured/atrophied muscles in my feet and lower legs, and at this point I'm about to finish week 3 of Couch to 5k. I figure that by the time I hit 199, between the weight loss taking the strain off the aforementioned muscles and the gradual strengthening from the walking/jogging and cycling I'm doing, I'll be able to safely start lifting without reinjuring myself. So when I hit my first goal weight, I'm going to up the cals to -20% TDEE and start the Starting Strength program. When I hit my second goal, which is actually a body fat % rather than a weight, I'm going to buy new clothes which will include outfits with shirts tucked in! I've never, never, never been able to wear them that way, and I'm going to!
  • I am going to Vegas for girls weekend.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Start making my own clothes again. Even skinny (I was until '90) I have a hard time getting clothes to fit. I am very short with a "german peasant' build - very big bones and very muscular. When I make my own, I can adjust them so the waist hits in the right spot and I don't loose all the shape in pant legs by shortening them. And I add width in the thigh and upper arm region so they don't bind. And make sure the buttons down the front hit in the right spot so there is no gap! I pretty much wear only knits if they aren't handmade, since they are more forgiving of my weird shape.
  • chaNyn613
    chaNyn613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am going to have a weekend affair. I've already picked out the hotel, the restaurant, and my gf has agreed to watch the kids. I have a little black dress and then some other items picked out for the weekend. New body= new fun!

Then I will call my hubby, give him the address, and an hour to get his bum to the hotel :-).
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Shop!!!!! I'm buying a whole new wardrobe :)
  • smileyII
    smileyII Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Buy new pants and keep working to increase my stamina and strength:)
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Go on a cruise.....go on a shopping binge.....and eventually have a baby so I can see a baby belly ;)
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I want to go bicycle riding like I used to do. I used to ride 20 miles a day. I want to go camping at Arcadia National Park. I want to do all the things I used to do before I put on all this weight. I want to go to the beach and feel I am one of the guys on the beach, instead of someone who has to struggle to move around. There was a time, I could not put socks or shoes on except with great difficulty. Those days are gone, but it's not a reason to stop the weight loss. I have ankles again, that is new recently. I want to wear size 36 or smaller pants. I used to wear size 32 at my thinnest point in life. I would like to see that again. I want to walk down the street and not worry about what people are thinking, Look at that fat guy, I want people to be thinking, Wow, there is a really hot looking guy over there. That is what this is all about.
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Vegas!
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do most of the things I want to do - I'm afraid I'm one of those women who wears bikinis at the beach and appears to be totally oblivious to the fact that she's fat (I'm not oblivious, but my Spanish upbringing has made it easy to ignore other people at the beach) - but I do want to learn to ski. I've been dreaming for years about skiing. It's going to take a LOT of money though, and I'm on minimum wage. Perhaps I need to start a betting pot on whether I lose the weight or save the money first. :)

And I'm going to take up ballet again. Pointe work is hard when you weigh 180 (as I did before I got sick) - I shudder to think how much harder it would be now.
  • YOUCANDOIT165
    YOUCANDOIT165 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would like to take a professional picture for my husband in a bikini. What is so special about this is that I have never wore a bikini in my life. 69 more lbs to go.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I want to get a tattoo, something dealing with fitness/weightloss and including my 270lb starting weight.
    I want to have a baby.
  • hippy2skippy
    hippy2skippy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Get a tattoo
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I want to buy a new wardrobe, but that costs too much, so I will enjoy eating an extra 500 cals everyday.
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    want to go on a shopping spree and get a whole new woredrob. in the past 4 years i have had 3 kids so have not updatted it as i knew we want another child soon and didn't want to spend the money on cloths i would only ware for a short time before being back in maternity cloths.
  • Vanessa123080
    Vanessa123080 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Get a new bikini and look goooooooodddd in it lol
  • estrobabe
    estrobabe Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Definitely wear a bikini. It's been a little of 4 years since I wore one! My goal is to wear one for summer 2013. :)
  • JRoselee
    JRoselee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First I would book a vacation in the mountains that included a zipline, a hot tub, some hiking,fishing, a canoe, a deck with a view, and a grill. (city girl)
    Then I would buy a gym membership for one of my closest friends so we could workout together.
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    This might sound bad but I'm going to have ridiculous amounts of sex. And wear a bikini constantly :wink:
  • 79BigGirlBeauty
    79BigGirlBeauty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is simple ... have my husband be able to pick me up and buy clothing with a single digit. Lol!