Cleanse

Options
Hey all!
I'd like to do a cleanse this week and need some tips. My husbands Christmas party is on Friday and my tummy has been a little bloated. I was thinking veggies and fruit, no meat, no grains etc. Lots of water!
What do you all think? Would it help with my bloating?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Just drink more water.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Why is that a cleanse? If you feel bloated then keep an eye on the sodium and drink plenty of water.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Why is that a cleanse? If you feel bloated then keep an eye on the sodium and drink plenty of water.

yep
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Just drink more water.
    If you feel bloated then keep an eye on the sodium and drink plenty of water.
    yep

^^ Do as they say^^
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Just drink more water.
    If you feel bloated then keep an eye on the sodium and drink plenty of water.
    yep

^^ Do as they say^^

/thread
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Tip: don't do a unscientific and restrictive 'cleanse', just eat a balanced wholefood diet, your body cannot tell the difference between a highly restrictive diet and a possible famine. It can however 'cleanse/ detox' itself just fine - the liver, bowel, kidneys, bladder and skin all play a role in excretion. If you don't eat enough the intestines slow down, digested food festers in your gut and waste products are actually reabsorbed!

To work at their most efficient they need complete protein, healthy fats, carbs, soluble and insoluble fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants all of which are abundant in nature. Any food groups you want to cut back on make sure you get the nutrients from eating more of another food group - oily fish/ eggs/ reduced fat dairy instead of meat, beans/ lentils/ nuts/ seeds instead of grains.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Listen to this woman.

Those abs are hers :love:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Just eat paleo. Join the groupthink. No zealots there.
  • 0utrider
    0utrider Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of this, where can I go to research this, specifically the reabsorption part?
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Haters always be hating.
  • fortiesgal
    Options
    Hey all!
    I'd like to do a cleanse this week and need some tips. My husbands Christmas party is on Friday and my tummy has been a little bloated. I was thinking veggies and fruit, no meat, no grains etc. Lots of water!
    What do you all think? Would it help with my bloating?

lml: I would still eat lean meats and hard boiled eggs along with lots of veggies. Fruit sugars and carbs are not very helpful and neither is soda or dairy. Water, definitely and the best cleanse of all: working out until sweat pours of of you at least 3 times a week.
  • soliddreams
    Options
    http://youtu.be/1LbDseE1VpQ

That'll clean you out and you don't have to do a crazy diet!

Just realized he made a joke about it being poison if you don't follow the steps. It's a joke. (I'm sure someone out there is going OH MY GOD POISON IF I DONT DO IT RIGHT?!"

Fiber foods are awesome for cleaning you out, if you feel bloated take in more fiber!