Just tried to keep from ruining my Christmas present..

Options
schustc
schustc Posts: 428 Member
My husband is down with the Flu. really down. I'm not feeling 100%, and my daughter has a bad cough.

over the past 2 weeks, we have had a lot of packages delivered for christmas - and there was one on the porch that we hadn't picked up yet. My father in law stopped by, and brought the package in. I set it on the table, didn't look that closely at it, and just sliced open the tape.

Inside, were a digital food scale, and 3 lacrosse balls (what I asked for for christmas).

OOPS. Now what do I do?? He's very sick, I just ruined his present, and we don't have the same kind of packing tape, even if I COULD seal it back up.

I look at the box - turn it over, and figure I might be able to peel off the label, and put it on the BOTTOM, and carefully tape up the top, so it looks like it was never opened. i.e., as long as he doesn't look at the new 'bottom' of the box, it may not be noticeable.

I carefully peel off the shipping label (Which I cut down the middle :( ) turn the contents of the box upside down, so they look like they were packaged from the other side, turn the box over and put the label carefully over the taped seam. I was able to line it up so you can't even tell the label was in two pieces - thank goodness.

Then turned it over, and taped up the new bottom with our clear packing tape. Fingers crossed.

Think I can get away with it???

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Run over to him and hug and kiss excitedly, thank you, thank you! I accidentally opened this box and it's exactly what I wanted. Then offer to wrap it. I wanted to see my present and he let me see it and I was very excited. I've wrapped it, got my daughter a matching one, and I am STILL excited about it. And he gets to hear me go on and on about this gift I havent used yet.