2 months in at MFP and no weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• sonia2003
    sonia2003 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    \thanks everyone. I have never eaten more then 1000 calories in the last few years when i was at my goal weigh but I will try something differente and see if it works! thank you all for your input!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    rollercoasting your calorie intake can help keep your metabolism rocking too. Eat all your calories one day, then not the next, 1/2 another etc.. Good luck!
  • dogmeat
    Options
    Despite surprising amount of answers suggesting you shouldn't eat your exercise calories, you definitely should. Not doing so is a never ending cycle to lower and lower calorie totals, which might help you in the short run but eventually leads to a situation where you cannot cut down anymore without getting the fun side effects of malnutrition. Adverse health effects and other blah blah boring stuff aside, you WILL NOT succeed in a long-term weight loss/maintenance with this method. Period.

Yes, drastic calorie cutting and not eating away your exercise calories gives you quicker weight loss (for a while). At the same time, you've entered into a battle against your body that you cannot win.

Eat enough and keep your metabolism going at the rate it's supposed to work. No need to make this any harder for you than it has to be.
  • teri00
    teri00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you are doing for exercise, but you should really incorporate strength training in your workouts, it will help you burn more calories.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    to me personally, not eating back what i lost during exercise helps. i eat about 600, 700 calories a day and burn off 800. and trust me, i am seeing amazing results! i don't gain anything back unless i pig out all day, and my average weight loss is about 5 lbs a week, if not more.
    i know this may not be so healthy, but hey..im not starving, i eat until im satisfied..and sometimes i don't even eat too healthy.
    i think everyone is different and you just need to try out different things until you find something that works.

Wait if you eat 700 calories in a day then burn off 800 your net calories for the day is in the negative! You are right this is not healthy. Your body can not survive for a long period of time like this. The body and its vital organs need food (fuel) to function properly. Also this way you are burning just fat but anything else your body can feed on including muscle. you might be losing now but it is not worth it if you damage your body in long the run.
  • kjs1628
    kjs1628 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you don't exercise you can still lose weight - but you'll be skinny and flappy!!! Who wants that?

Do your 600 cal exercise and then eat them (or most of them) back - skinny and toned! Nice!!!