I'm finding it so hard to be motivated!!!

Options
Hey guys, I've joined my fitness pal like a month and a half ago but never really got into the community here. I'm 5''3 and started at 153 pounds. I have high muscle mass of 13%, which is much higher than the average of 7.5 %.. so that adds on to my weight quite alot.. Since I started using my fitness pal after a youtube vlogger suggested it, I've dropped 7.7 pounds the last time I checked!

So right now I'm 146.6 pounds. I've been checking myself weekly last month, and I just seemed to plateau even though I was exercising regulary, doing lots of cardio including kick boxing and hip hop dance practise, which I do 2-3 times a week as well as yoga during the weekends. So since I stopped seeing results I just feel like giving up! Plus I over exerted myself with exercise, and now I have tendonitis in my left hand. And it really hurts, it's been 2 weeks and it still hurts, don't think I can do any strenuous exercise for a while, probably another 2 weeks.. Plus it's winter and with my injury I just feel like gorging on fried chicken and hot chocolate. I've been asking my sister if she's been seeing results because I do need that extra motivation.. But she says there's no difference.

So how do you get that extra motivation to continue when you have set-backs? Btw, I want to lose another 16 - 20 pounds.. :)

Replies

• floridapanthergirl
    Options
    Wow! You are walking toward a steep cliff. DO NOT JUMP! Seven and a half pounds in a month is really great! Almost 2 pounds a week, and this is XMAS! Hang in there and do not binge! How about walking or swimming if there is a pool close by. No sense in injuring yourself any further, but keep exercising. It is good for lifting your spirits also. I feel successful in that I have not gained during this week. Look at the community postings and take comfort in what people are doing. I bet you get a bunch of cool and caring responses.
  • xRedHeaterx
    xRedHeaterx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have made a really good start. This is a difficult time of the year. Weight loss is not uniform, some weeks you aren't going to do as well as others. I recently had a 3 week plateau but then started losing again. Thats how it goes.

Injuries are annoying, you just have to be patient with it. Rest the injury and look out for things that you can do that don't involve that hand. Patience is so important in weight loss. It took a long time to gain the weight and it will take some time to get it off again.

Really, would you enjoy that fried chicken that much? It might taste nice and you will feel good for a very short time but then the guilt just sets in. As they say 'A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips'. I'd try to get through to Christmas and maybe eat a little more than usual then.

Good luck.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    nevergiveup.jpg

Just follow these 2 rules ......

#1. Make the best possible healthy food choices at each meal and snack .......

#2. Exercise IF POSSIBLE ....... if not, rest until you can ......

Congrats on the lost weight ....... best of luck in the future :drinker:
  • 2gurl45
    Options
    Thank you guys for all your nice comments!! I see.. Yes, now it's cold and it's Christmas so everyone wants to eat now :P But I see, so weight loss is not uniform yea some weeks you do better than others.. I really want to check the scale again on monday to see my weight loss. But I won't be deterred if the results are not as what I expected! there is no pool nearby, and my metabolism is so low, walking really does nothing for me.... xP maybe i can try running, though I hate running, I prefer cardio class workouts! they do it more for me. yea, the guilt DOES set in after a while.. and im like, dang shouldn't have eaten that! Thanks for the support guys really appreciate it!<3
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    By the sound of it, you may not have been eating enough. You can always have a deficit and lose in the first couple of weeks easily but if you are working out and you don't eat enough for the workload, you will plateau.
  • floridapanthergirl
    Options
    Hard to imagine that walking does nothing for you. Do you use a heart rate monitor? You can stay in the fat burning zone and think you are doing nothing. No pain no gain is waaay outdated. Try a session with a trainer and be sure they understand your situation, and not just want to push you to break your buns. you are hard enough on yourself already.
  • BethanyRTS
    Options
    You're doing great! Don't get down on yourself. #1 make sure you're eating enough! #2 If you don't have a heart rate monitor maybe check them out :-) They're a LIFESAVER!
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    Walk walk walk!
    The more movement you do the better!
    Lifting weights is also really good!

Also are you measuring yourself? I've lost inches and no weight before...

Always choose good food.. If you really wanna loose it has to be a lifestyle change not just a diet... You'll have to get used to watching others make bad choices and not making them yourself.
  • 2gurl45
    Options
    I heard about heart-rate monitors being really good! I shall get one since everyone's recommending it! and yea I do want to measure myself.. But I keep forgetting to buy a measuring tape...... hahah. but I will really soon! I heard that you do lose inches and they're more obvious results than actual weight! and well I eat 1400 ++ calories, I eat just enough fat I think, 50g ? I just weighed myself today and I'm 143 pounds, I lost 3.3 pounds. It's been 3 weeks since I checked so that's some progress there, even if it isn't alot so I'm more motivated now!!! Thanks for the advice guys!

Maybe I wasn't eating enough? I eat 1450 -1550 cals, usually take 40-50 g of fat (is that too much?! :P) I'm 18, and 5''3.. I exercise 3 times a week in dance class 2 hr each time. right now trying not to stress with exercising too much cause of my injury though dance is alright for me..