Scale isn't moving much but I'm GETTING STRONGER!!

Options
33Freya
33Freya Posts: 468 Member
The numbers on the scale have plateaued over the past couple of months, and I even went through a phase where I was in "f*** it" mode and would just not work out or eat as carefully... but I forced myself back on track, and continued to work out...

I have been healthy and strong and spent many years at ideal weight- but I have never been able to do 10 push ups or run a full mile. Well healthy and strong went to soft and bordering obese with time, depression, and inactivity (aside from drinking and partying- I did plenty of that).

With my lifestyle change (NOT A DIET- diets are temporary), I decided that I not only wanted to get back down to an ideal weight, I decided I wanted to get stronger.

I am not good at following programs... I did 30DS for like 10 days, and C25K uhm, a day here and a day there... P90X was just too much of a commitment with school, work, and family... I make excuses- it's an issue I'm working through. Still I tried to keep it up at least 3 times a week.

Two months ago, I ran my first full mile. I did a happy dance all the way across the gym! Yesterday, I ran an entire 5K (3.1 miles).

I have been doing pushups on the knees forever, but decided I needed to be able to do them on the toes... I accomplished my year-end goal of 10 full pushups today.

My new goals include 25 pushups and 5K in 30 minutes or less.

Make goals, and reach for them people! Set programs don't work for me, but setting goals up and knocking them down does. What works for you??

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!