not new just finally getting started

Options
hi! i am not super new to the site i just haven't been consistent with it and i recently have begun to keep track daily. i have a lot of trouble staying motivated when i don't see results right away and i am trying very hard right now to change that. i am going to florida at the beginning of may and want to look the best i can! now its just a matter of not letting myself get off track! anyone who has advice for how to best stay on track and keep motivated would be much appreciated!! :happy:

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    A trip is a good motivator. Life changes do take time though. You're right consistency is key! mini goals are great! Even make a daily goal, and don't be too hard on yourself! You look great already, and you're doing a great job :)
  • mirandagem
    mirandagem Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Consistency and Simplicity! :) I work out and do floor aerobics while I'm watching tv, no excuses. haha
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    ha ha! I understand your pain (I’m doing much better now myself).
    Dieting "super" hard, working out even harder, then a month later, I'm out of the routine. Typical diet. Motivation for me was a picture of me 3 years ago. Every time I think about slacking or altering my diet, I look at the picture and it motivates me. I didn't set a mini goal because I tend to always veer from it. I guess, if you stick to MFP and look at the bigger picture you will stick to your routine. MFP is a great place because people always motivate you.
    Oh yeah, don’t starve yourself. EAT. I tried sticking to eating once a day and working out for a hour a day. DIDN’T WORK. I lost some weight but as soon as I got off of the diet, I gained the weight back plus more.
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing, I started then fell off. Now I track almost everyday. Welcome back!! You can do this!