When you cook with a tbsp of oil for an entire dish, how do

Options
I want to make sure I am counting everything but am unsure 'how much' olive oil i actually ingested. I used 1tbsp approxx to sautee 2 small zucchini and a can of whole mushrooms at dinner time with some spices. I entered the mushrooms and zucchini and light feta topping in individually but am unsure about the oil. Thanks for any imput.

Replies

• paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'd put in the fraction of the oil based on the number of servings you made. eg. if it served 4 people, I would choose oil, 1 tbsp and put in ..25 for the quantity.
    Think of what you leave in the pan as still being eaten...it's not an exact science, but a little over estimating on what you've eaten is better than underestimating.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    How many servings does the dish make? Divy it up by portions.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    IF I put a tblsp in the pan I usually document it along with everything else as I would rather my estimates me over at the end of the day, rather than under and me thinking I have more calories I can consume. Now if you split that pan of sauted zucchini and mushrooms, I would go to a site for recipe calculations and enter everything, and it will tell you what 1 serving of that recipe is worth in calories, protein, carbs, etc.... I use that often when I am preparing a larger sum of something to have on hand throughout the week. Then I enter it as "my food" on MFP and transfer the nubmers. Just my choice; sure you will hear from others and we both can learn some things!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    served 3. Thanks for your imput.
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Have you ever sauteed anything in broth? I love it, it gives the items I'm cooking a really great flavor. My favorite is egg whites cooked in a bit of chicken broth, I don't even miss the yolk when I do this! i know this really didn't answer your question, but your question reminded me of this!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I do use broth for mushrooms but didn't even think of it for tonight's dish! thanks!