Eating back calories??

Options
I wanted to log in calories I burned today while painting my kitchen so I logged the time as light housework. It was sort of heavier than just light housework because I was climbing, reaching. etc. but I wanted to be conservative. It said that in 3 hours I burned over 700 calories! I did eat some junky food the last few days (and way too much to drink at a Christmas party last night) but I have still kept my calories fairly low. What's up - do I need to sit and try to cram a few hundred more calories into my mouth? I don't feel hungry.

Replies

• ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chickyniki_99
    chickyniki_99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    no i take this as my help to lose some extra weight i try not to eat the extra i burn it doesnt always work out well for me though
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's okay to eat back a couple hundred, but definitely not the whole 700. But, if you're not hungry, don't worry about it. It's not going to affect you in anyway. Maybe add an extra snack tomorrow to make up for it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't stuff yourself. If you were painting walls EVERY day, you'd want to refuel more, but you're likely not burning an extra 700 calories every day.

BUT... if you feel extra hungry tomorrow, don't be afraid to count some as roll-over calories.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: if you are not hungry I would not force myself to eat.
  • Verla7
    Verla7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    NO! don't eat if your not hungry. I always try to do some kine of excercise and log it in, then always try to avoid eating those extra that it gives me. there have been days that I am glad that it was there because I used some of them, I just try and not make a habit of it. When in doubt, use your best judgement.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, don't stuff yourself. If you were painting walls EVERY day, you'd want to refuel more, but you're likely not burning an extra 700 calories every day.

BUT... if you feel extra hungry tomorrow, don't be afraid to count some as roll-over calories.

^^this
  • fiercekindness
    fiercekindness Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If your not hungry I wouldn't eat. Although for the feature I was told by many trainers, to eat about half of what you burned in calories back and make sure that half of that is protein. So if on any given day you burned 500 calories if your hungry eat about 250 calories but within that 250 calories there should be a good amount of protein.
  • RLehotsky
    RLehotsky Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like to drink protein drinks after a work out whenever hungry. They are extremely high in protein low in calories which is great for muscles. You are supposed to maintain your daily allowed cal so they say. Do what I do when in dought... Google :)
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I dont eat mine back but I would if i was still hungry. I did yesterday. I just couldnt get that itch to go away and i had to eat an extra meal.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    It's taken me ages to find out that I can't eat back any exercise calories if I want to lose weight.