when is the best time to weigh yourself?

Options
morning or night?

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    morning or night?

Morning, and naked! :laugh:
  • nroesler
    Options
    Yup, first thing in the morning, before breakfast....nakedness always helps!
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    In the morning, after you pee, before you eat and ALL NAKEY!
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    you will find a 1-3 pound difference if you weigh yourself in the morning rather than at night due to the factor of water and food consumption during the day...

thus, weight yourself in the morning when you've digested, absorbed, distributed, and burned off anything you put in your body the day before.

best time to do it is when you first get up (well, I do mine after my pee, so I can make sure I am not holding that extra weight)

:)
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    Yep, I agree, after you pee and before you eat, naked of course!! :tongue:
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Naked morning weigh ins!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Morning, after you pee, before you eat or drink and in your birthday suit!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I HATE people who weight with their shoes on!!!! NEVER!!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    I HATE people who weight with their shoes on!!!! NEVER!!

I hear you! My husband weighs in with his work boots on! AND a jacket too, the last time he went to the Dr's! :noway:
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Looks unanimous....definitely morning, after pee, and naked. I have even made my weigh in days on Tuesday to get rid of any little extra from the weekend.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You all weigh yourself naked! What if you weigh at Walmart, would you still recommend that? lol

__

I weigh myself in the AM (now that I have my own scales), but I always forget the part about getting naked.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    You all weigh yourself naked! What if you weigh at Walmart, would you still recommend that? lol

__

I weigh myself in the AM (now that I have my own scales), but I always forget the part about getting naked.
    I'd say weigh yourself naked especially if you weigh yourself at Walmart! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Looks unanimous....definitely morning, after pee, and naked. I have even made my weigh in days on Tuesday to get rid of any little extra from the weekend.

Guess "Great Brenda's" thnk alike! :bigsmile: I ALSO weigh in on Tuesdays. I call it "Fat Tuesday", in honor of Mardi Gras! (and how my weekly weigh ins SOMETIMES turn out!) :laugh:
  • sazziecee
    Options
    I get weighed at my diet/fitness class (Rosemary Conley)

It is in the evening and I am in my gym clothes and my trainers!

I wear the same outfit every week for a true weight. I have to keep my trainers on now as I wore them at my very first weigh in

I know if I could weigh in there and could be naked I would probably weigh a few pounds less but I am not sure it would go down too well in a room of 40 or so others! lol. There are some morning classes I could attend instead, so not sure if I should switch to a morning class so that I weigh less :)

I have hidden my at home scales as they weigh 1lb less than the ones at class too and I was getting discouraged when I would weigh myself at home and then get to class and lost less weight than I thought... sigh
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    I would have to agree...I weigh myself in the morning after I pee and before I eat or drink anything...always naked! LOL :blushing:

But I guess if you decide to weigh yourself anytime of day....I think the key is to be consistent. If you have clothes on and/or shoes then next time you weigh yourself try to have those same clothes and shoes on....
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I'd say weigh yourself naked especially if you weigh yourself at Walmart! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lol, maybe you will make it on People of Walmart if you do that. :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • raffer
    Options
    when i weigh in in the morning my scales i set at +2lb makes me work that much harder on my run even though i know ive altered it i have a proper weigh in on a friday where i use the scales as normal i also work out my BF% now currently 91kg and 13% BF big loss from 115.2kg in November 09