The Chinese secret to weightloss!

Options
2»

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My sister spent 4 years living in China (in fact she is en route there at this very moment for xmas) and she hasn't lost significant amounts of weight! She did lose some, but then put it back on. She can still get her hands on bread and chocolate!

She brought back some durian flavoured sweets once....I have never tasted anything so vile in my life!

In all seriousness, I think Chinese people are probably slimmer because of a) genetics and b) they don't eat a lot of dairy.
  • skinnyinjapan1
    Options
    The American secret to weightloss!

So I went to the States and man did I lose weight! Doughnuts, corn dogs, bacon, fries everywhere! The smell of the fat just made me cringe so much that my stomach just couldn't take it!

No wonder they have all the supermodels!
  • sohmui
    sohmui Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hong Kong stinky beancurd cooked in stale oil on a street corner.:wink:
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    My grandmother taught me this Chinese secret. One word: Famine.

That is a good secret. Because Mao kept it secret. :)

This post reminds me, gotta get my Chinese food ready for Xmas!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

So I went to the States and man did I lose weight! Doughnuts, corn dogs, bacon, fries everywhere! The smell of the fat just made me cringe so much that my stomach just couldn't take it!

lol I am glad i'm English :smile:
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Not like the awesome American delicacies of the US, like pickled pigs feet. I've traveled all throughout Asia and found some odd things available, but always found some good eats to. My wife's mother lives with us and she learned to cook in China and makes somewhere between edible to awesome meals with the occasional 'WTF' was that meals...just like my American mom did when I was growing up.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    durian fruit smells like rotting meat but it tastes delicious. hater
  • MissLexiLoo
    Options

HAHAHAHA!!!! Awesome.