New to MFP

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Monica, I am 22, and I live in Plantation, FL (close to fort lauderdale). I recently joined this site, as my sister recommended it! I am going to be a bridesmaids at one of my sisters weddings in May, so I am finally getting the motivation back to get healthy! My husband was a Marine and we got married young ( I was 18). I put on 68 pounds since first being with him, most of that weight put on after we got married. We eat out WAY too much. When he deployed for 7 months in 2009 I decided I wanted to feel good and look better when he came back. I dropped 30-35lbs in a total of 3 months, then started working at chick fil a, so I worked out less but I did maintain ( went from 218 to about 187, i say 30-35lbs because give or take a few lbs). Once my husband returned I completely stopped working out, and started eating out, bad combo so I put on all of my weight and then some. I can admit I am 233 now, and have been wanting to lose weight for over a year! I'd lose 7 pounds, then stop... put it back on.. bad cycle. When I lost it last time I did it the healthy way, healthy diet and exercise, and I will be doing it that way this time!

Sorry for such a long introduction but wanted to explain my situation. In two weeks I am starting a physical job (taking care of horses in the south florida heat) so I am hoping to drop some weight that way as well. My goal is to lose at least 40lbs by May, and I know I can do it if I stick to my diet. I wanted to meet some new friends and have a growing support system so figured I would give a proper introduction.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to meeting everyone!

Replies

• flbunny1
    Options
    Welcome sis! So glad you joined and we can motivate eachother online. It won't be too much longer and I'll be back in Florida as well and can continue our healthy lifestyle together, in person!
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP, I sent you FR, any one else can add me.