Been posting a little, but never introduced myself!

Options
I thought I'd better do this!

A couple years ago I lost around 20lbs, but then gained it back and then some after my daughter was born(I am male, btw). I also got a new job around that time and the stress of a new job, change f routine through me off track and I gave up! I remember coming back from a conference on Nov 1st,2009 and weighing myself...I was 284lbs...The most I've ever weighed in my entire life!

I decided to start watching my portions and not going back for seconds and got myself down to 270 before I discovered this site (actually my wife found it...username mblazek). Since then I've lost the number of pounds you see below, but if you add 14lbs to that(weight prior to MFP), the total is close to 40lbs. I am officially 5lbs lighter than my drivers license says I was 6 years ago!

What am I doing? Cardio...I hate it, but I force myself to do it...4 days a week 30 minutes to an hour on those days. Lots of water to fill in the cracks that appear to cause the stomach to growl and healthy food choices. I admit to a once weekly cheat meal...Nothing overboard though!

Anyhow...thats me!

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Being lighter than you were any number of years ago, feels amazing! Great job! Your motivation and will power along with persistence will help get you there. Life style changes do take time though, so be patient with yourself! It's great you're here, I wish you well on your weight loss journey.