Self confidence issue / Skin Tags

Options
I have been feeling great about my weight loss but now when I look in the mirror, I have this thing under each of my armpits called skin tags. I always see this “As seen on TV” product on TV and was wondering if anyone has ever used it? I think it was called tag away.

Or is there something you did use to help make them go away?

I know no one would probably even notice but I want to have my confidence back that I haven’t had in a long time. Since I’ve been losing weight, I’ll admit, I’m looking forward to beach weather this upcoming year (I haven’t been shirtless to a beach in over 10 years) but now I feel people will judge me if they see these tiny skin tags…

Thanks for any advice on product to try

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine tried it and said it didn't work. You can just go to the dermatologist and they will remove them for you. I had one on my neck growing up and would always get made fun of for buttoning my top collar to hide it, so I feel your pain. I finally got it removed right before high school. It was painless and quick.
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I dont know about Tag Away, I can only tell you what I have seen that actually has worked for my husband and mother.

My husband had one that was close to his under arm that was hanging there driving him crazy and getting in the way. He took sewing thred and knotted it around it kind of tight. I watched it shrink, till the string got too lose, then tightened it for him. That might of taken maybe 3 days to a week. It was tender untill it fell off.

Now my mom uses Sally Hansen Hard as nails clear nail polish. You can pick that up at a dollar general cheap or any drug store. She has or I should say had alot of them. She used it on flat moles and tags that stuck out. Dont know how long hers took, but think it was around a week too. She loves to show off stuff like that, so I know it works. Husbands gonna be trying that one next.

I think both take away oxygen or blood flow and kills them. Hope that helps, its better that freezing them off like I did. I have scares from it, but they are on my back so if I dont see it I dont care as much. Hope you find something that works for ya.
  • monarols
    Options
    Now my mom uses Sally Hansen Hard as nails clear nail polish. You can pick that up at a dollar general cheap or any drug store.

Agreed, this works fine, takes about a week. There is no need to be going to dermatologists or buying topical medicines. It's just a sign of ageing! LoL
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple appear under my arms in the past few years. I did the "trick" of using beading thread which is like sewing thread but made of a nylon like fishing line (its like really fine fishing line). With the help of my partner I tied them off (as tight as I could stand it as close to the skin as possible and it did sting a little at first). Within a few days they had started to "dry" and shrivel up and fell off within a week. I did the last one about 3 months ago and I can't even tell where it was now.
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Now my mom uses Sally Hansen Hard as nails clear nail polish. You can pick that up at a dollar general cheap or any drug store.

Agreed, this works fine, takes about a week. There is no need to be going to dermatologists or buying topical medicines. It's just a sign of ageing! LoL

That's really good to know....I knew about tying them with thread...but this sounds even better!! Now I've just got to convince my friend to let me do it to him.....this could be harder!!!
  • honeybee1036
    honeybee1036 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    SAVE YOUR MONEY DON'T buy the Tag Away. I bought it and it smells so horrible it is unusable. So I have no idea if it really works or not. Supposed to apply it several times a day, but I just cannot get past the smell.

I already have an appointment with my DR to have them removed. I am plagued by these nasty little things close to 100 around my neck. Last time I had them removed my insurance company said it was cosmetic so I had to pay for the whole office visit out of pocket and it took 2 visits to remove all of them. Ugh!! Then the nasty little boogers have the nerve to grow back.

I am going to go get Sally Hansen clear as nails after work tonight. Hopefully that will work.
    Thanks for the tip
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I had a couple. One small one I used the sewing thread on, which works a treat and a larger one I had the doctor freeze and it fell off.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I used to have a couple under my right armpit. Then one day, I noticed that I didn't anymore. They went away on their own. But I will try to remember the Sally Hansen trick if they ever come back.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Have a dermatologist do it.

It's quick and painless.. plus covered by insurance most of the time.
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info! I've had one under my left arm since forever. I hate it. I've tried wart remover & some sort of tree oil w/o success. I'll try the nail polish tonight.