PB2

Options
Finally located and bought PB2 this weekend. Got both the regular and the chocolate. They carried it at Max Muscle. So excited to try it! What are some ways you use it? Anyone???

Replies

• Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I use mine in smoothies.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    i cook with it to make a peanut sauce, yummy on chicken.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I add it to my baking, on toast and to satay's.
  • rburd12
    Options
    protein shakes-- all the peanut butter taste with less calories!

I usually do a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a banana, and 2 tbsp of PB2 along with some skim milk and ice
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've used it as I would with regular peanut butter. Lately I've paired it with a honeycrisp apple.
  • 87indiegirl
    87indiegirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I mix mine into a hot multi-grain cereal (lower calorie than oatmeal) with a sliced banana, almond milk and sometimes some ground chia seeds or flax seeds for a super healthy meal :)
  • explodingalice
    explodingalice Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Spread on toast, then top with sliced bananas. Dip celery, pretzels, or apple wedges in it. Mix into oatmeal (OMGyum). Make a PB sandwich. Bake it as cookies. Mix with ice chocolate ice cream if you're a chocolate/PB kinda person.

That's all I've tried so far but I *love* the stuff.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Have always wanted to know why someone would want to replace the greatness of good old plain peanut butter ??? Please do tell me why ....
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Have always wanted to know why someone would want to replace the greatness of good old plain peanut butter ??? Please do tell me why ....
    Regular peanut butter is 180 for 2 TBSP. PB2 has 1/4 that calorie count. I love the taste but can't have such calorie dense food. I envy those who can.

For 200 cal I better get near a whole meal.
  • MagnaSky
    MagnaSky Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Chocolate PB2 + banana+ oatmeal.
    Chocolate PB2 + greek yogurt
    PB2 + grated apple + oatmeal
    PB2 + grated apple + cottage cheese
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Regular peanut butter is 180 for 2 TBSP. PB2 has 1/4 that calorie count. I love the taste but can't have such calorie dense food. I envy those who can.

Maybe I just love peanut butter to much and love the healthy fat content ;-) Just compared it to my peanut butter and mine has more protein, less sodium, and more fiber as well ;-) But I guess if I was looking to cut 145 calories a day I would give it a try.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Maybe I just love peanut butter to much and love the healthy fat content ;-) Just compared it to my peanut butter and mine has more protein, less sodium, and more fiber as well ;-) But I guess if I was looking to cut 145 calories a day I would give it a try.
    If i could stop myself at 2 T I would have it. But, I love it so much that I had to get it out of the house. :) I am one of those big giant spoons of PB kinda gals. Sooner or later I will have gained so much muscle that I can put it back in again. For now PB2 is a good temp fix.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Jim: I totally get where you're coming from, but there's days when I get plenty of good fats through other sources (I eat a half avocado nearly every day, and also almond butter every day), so when I want peanut butter flavor but not the added calories or fat, I've been using PB2.

It's awesome in my chocolate protein powder shake, and I've just used it on toast for quick snack. Love the idea with the apples! Yum!!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I may try this stuff! Is it expensive?
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    protein shakes-- all the peanut butter taste with less calories!

I usually do a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a banana, and 2 tbsp of PB2 along with some skim milk and ice

I use it with protein as well! I can't stomach shakes so I mix a little bit of water with protein powder, a tsp of cocoa powder, and a tbsp of PB2; then mix in frozen blueberries.