japanese steakhouse

Options
So it seems like all of my friends have birthdays around the same time haha... So tomorrow night we are going to a japanese steakhouse for dinner.. what would be the right choice to order?? any suggestions... Or should I just celebrate and get the big meal and just eat some to bring home leftovers??

Replies

• SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    If you want to stay consistent, I suggest seeing if the website has a nutritional listing of their foods, or call the restaurant ahead of time. Order foods and take home the left overs. If there's any question of feeling guilt after, then make smart choices. You're on this journey for you and no one else. It's okay to say no, if that's the direction you want to take. Or you could just have what you want for the night.your choice :)
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time eating at Japanese steakhouses, and I've always assumed it was from the fat content (have you seen that hunk of butter they use?!) I wonder if, for the sake of your stomach and being able to stay in the festivities, munching on sushi and brown rice might not be the best move. I'm sure your friends would let you grab a chopstick-full of sprouts (my fav. part of hibachi) and some of those yummy shrimp appetizers. But either way, have fun with your friends!!
  • heathie88
    Options
    thanks guys! i think im just going to go for the fun, maybe get some miso soup or something, but rather just be there to celebrate with my friends! and i totally forgot about all the butter YIKES, yea my stomach will not be happy with all of that fat for sure
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Moderation is key. A bite of this, a bite of that. Don't fill up on rice, it's not fatty but those carbs sneak up on you!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I love teppan.....but the ginormous pats of butter they put on EVERYTHING drives me nuts. I muttered about it one time and the chef (who is our friend) stopped in the middle of his act and said....WHAT....you got a problem with that? :tongue:
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    Sushi and brown rice....MMMMMMMM.....
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Great!!:grumble: --where am I going to find Sushi and brown rice in the middle of the night--now that you have me craving it??!!:laugh: :laugh:

Seriously--hope the celebration goes well.:flowerforyou: