Cleaner eating

Options
Hey there MFP!

I've been on here a little over a year, and I've learned a lot about nutrition and I eat a lot better! But, I'm really wanting to eat more clean and add some more greens and plant based foods.

I'm looking for any suggestions or recipes that you guys have. Thanks!! :)

Replies

• TaylorWolframRD
    Options
    One easy way is to have a green smoothie or juice everyday!
  • turquoise3
    turquoise3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Broccoli :) Can never have enough Broccoli! So cleansing/detoxing!

"Not only does broccoli contain antioxidants including vitamin C but it's a particularly good source of folate (naturally occuring folic acid). Increasing your intake of folic acid is thought to be of major benefit in preventing heart disease. Broccoli also contains an antioxidant called lutein that can delay the progression of age-related macular degeneration (AMD). This affects 10 per cent of people over 60 and is a major cause of impaired vision and blindness. Finally, broccoli also contains a phytochemical called sulphoraphane that has specific anti-cancer properties."
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I find it works with no recipes. Eat whole foods, veggies raw or cooked depending on your preference, some fruits, meat is simple as I like with pepper and sometimes garlic. Squashes and what not are good with some herbs. I eat hard boiled eggs and almonds as snacks. I make soups with crushed fresh tomatoes and spices for the base, throw in leeks, carrots, onion, caulliflower, cabbage, sometimes beans.
    I don't even consider myself a clean eater as I eat breads and pastas as well but I can see the clean parts of my diary are the most simple.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Search www.thefoodie.com.
    All recipes are clean.
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Oh, man, let me introduce you to one of my recent faves: FAST Paleo. Tons of delicious recipes!

If you live anywhere near one of those Bargain Discount stores, you could try picking up one of their cheap-O vegan or vegetarian recipe books. I mean, you can find some REALLY beautiful photography in these little gems. And since they're vegan/vegetarian (which I am not), the emphasis is (usually) on fresh whole foods.

Also, for decadent delights, check out the dessert section on DelightedMomma.com. I get no kickbacks from that, but her zucchini brownies, are phenomenal!
  • hegal1
    hegal1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love fruit and yoghurt for clean healthy eating. If I want a snack or sometimes for breakfast I'll have a 1/4 cup of no-fat organic yoghurt with a strawberry, kiwi, cherries or whatever fruit I have in the fridge. Always helps kicks any sugar cravings I might have too :)