Going to stick with it this time.

Options
Tired of looking in the mirror and wondering where that skinny girl went... and 'whose body is this?' Can't use having babies as an excuse any more now that they're 3 and 4! Any other mommies in the same boat? Ready to get serious about getting fit again. But I fall off the wagon easily.

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i hear ya. mine are 8 and 7. lol.
    dawn
  • MSPENCE
    Options
    YES! My kids are 7 & 4!!! the excuses have run out for me too!
    The one thing that has finally worked for me this time is staying true to the food diary.
    Best of luck.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    Mine are 10, 5 and 4 :D Let's do it! Our will power is strong, we're motivated and we're going to stay consistent because life changes take time.
  • 4katnap
    Options
    LOL! Mine are 11 and 29. Yes that's years.
  • kykimmy
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you, too. My first goal is to stop eating the chicken nuggets or mac-n-cheese that my kids don't finish. I hate to waste food, but it has packed on the pounds quickly. Any ideas about how to control sweet cravings? That's my biggest pitfall.
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I eat Sweet Freedom fudge Lites, 45 calories each. Good chocolate treat!
  • kykimmy
    Options
    Just what I needed, gals. To connect with mommies who are in the same boat, no matter what stage of life their kids are in. Whether the kids are 9 or 29, mommies take care of everyone else first. Then there's no energy left for themselves.
  • kykimmy
    Options
    YUM! I'll look for the Sweet Freedom Fudge treats! Thanks for sharing :)
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My baby is 14 years old 6'1 and I am still trying to lose the baby fat! :grumble: This is it though, this time we can do it! We have support and are armed with the will and the knowledge! :wink: For a sweet treat, I have a couple of options. 1. Drink a glass of water first 2. Greek yogurt with honey 3 Last resort, 2 -hershey dark kisses! Good Luck!:happy:
  • kykimmy
    Options
    Never tried Greek yogurt, but I added it to my grocery list :smile: This sweet junkie will take all the help she can get!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    As far as sweet cravings go, if you don't have sweets you don't crave them. At least I don't. I get my sweets from diet soda, yogurt, and yummy flavored coffee creamers. I just find if I don't give in at all, I don't really miss it that much.
  • kykimmy
    Options
    I guess that's why staying fit was easier before I had kids! Now I have Valentine candy, Teddy Grahams, you name it!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    a 60 calorie chocolate pudding cup (with a teaspoon of dark cocoa) might work for you.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Never tried Greek yogurt, but I added it to my grocery list :smile: This sweet junkie will take all the help she can get!
    Its good, it has a higher protein level than the standard stuff. It is not as sweet, and usually most brands don't have artificial sweetners and stuff. The less sugar you have (and processed carbs and artificial sweetners) the less you will crave. I like fage brand! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • aecowgill
    Options
    My baby is 9 yrs old, and I still eat like I'm eating for two. The madness has to stop. lol. I'm so ready to see the pre-mommy me in the mirror again. I really like making my own "ice cream sandwiches". I use two low fat chocolate graham crackers and 2 tablespoons low fat cool whip or two low fat honey graham crackers and 2 tablespoons chocolate cool whip. I spread the cool whip on one cracker and top with the other cracker. Then I wrap them in foil and freeze. It tastes just like an ice cream sandwich! Good luck!
  • kykimmy
    Options
    Anxious to make the ice cream sandwiches. Thanks for the idea!