28 yr old mom to 4 needing to lose weight

Options
Hi everyone!! I am a 28 year old mom to 4 wonderful kids. I have 2 boys and 2 girls. Ages 11, 8, 4, and 2. I was just diagnosed with clogged arteries in my lower legs and feet and also mitral valve prolapse with regurgitation. My medical history is not so good when it comes to what I suffer from and what I have went thru in the past. My dr told me if I want to be here with my children I have got to lose weight. He wants me to lose 20 pounds by my next appointment which is June 5th 2013. I have started today with counting calories, dieting, and I will start an exercise routine as well. I own an eliptical, total gym, and an exercise ball but havent had the energy to even try them out (I have hypothyroidism so i tend to feel tired and have no energy) But this is all going to change today! I want to be a healthy mom for my children and a healthy wife for my husband. I hope to meet people who are on a weight loss journey as well so we can do it together. I have heard if you have support you will do better. So Im here for support!!! :)

Replies

• Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Friend Request Sent :smile:
  • katelynn531
    katelynn531 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request too. :smile:
  • BethanyRTS
    Options
    You can do this! Take it slow and don't get discouraged!
  • nikkicarroll165
    Options
    Im a mother of 3. I have two boys ages 6 and 4 and have a daughter that is 2. I have been saying that i was goin to lose weight for the longest and never did it. But now that i found this site and the group on fb...I think i can do it. If u need any support, im here to talk too and we can help each other.
  • TVISmith
    TVISmith Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Are you getting treated for the hypothyroidism? I have it too and when my doctor adjusted the amount of my levothyroxin it did wonders for me...also, my energy level went up when I started exercising on a regular basis. You will feel tired and exhausted at first, but you can push through it and will notice that you have more energy and aren't as sore anymore. I am 28 as well and have two children and find it best to workout in the morning before they wake up! Hang in there...you will never know how strong you are until you push yourself.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race...that's the same for the health race too...from a purely cardiovascular health standpoint 3 sessions of 10 min. each walking has exactly the same benefits as a single 30 min. session - so if energy is an issue just aim for 10 min. at a time...even one 10 min. session a day is better than none!!! The journey isn't over until you die, so one step at a time...too much too fast can cause injury and giving up...slow changes, steady progress in the direction of health is much more sustainable long term...and GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • Ninja_Bunny
    Ninja_Bunny Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    friend request sent as well :):heart:
  • stellamakes3
    stellamakes3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also sent you a friend request. Welcome!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    20 by June is totally achievable!!

Being here for my kids is what really gave me the kick in the pants, too. Feel free to add me!
  • dawnreid2012
    dawnreid2012 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Friend Request Sent :smile:

Thank You!!!
  • TimeToBeHappy18
    TimeToBeHappy18 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    29, mom of 2...here for support! friend request sent ;)
  • Sugarhiccup03
    Sugarhiccup03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Congrats on starting your weight loss journey! I'm right there with ya. I'm a 32 yr old mom of 5 and finally in November I decided to do something about my weight. Some days its tough exercising with the kids though but I make it. I have a lot to lose and know it will be a long journey for me. You can definitely lose 20 lbs by your next appt :). I'm new to this site as well but joined because its supposed to be an excellent weight loss tool and support system. We can do this!
  • dawnreid2012
    Options
    sent you a friend request too. :smile:

Thank You!
  • dawnreid2012
    Options

Thank you! I can already tell that the support from this site is going to be more than enough support!!
  • dawnreid2012
    Options

Thank you! I can already tell that the support from this site is going to be more than enough support!!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Friend request totally sent!
  • dawnreid2012
    Options
    Are you getting treated for the hypothyroidism? I have it too and when my doctor adjusted the amount of my levothyroxin it did wonders for me...also, my energy level went up when I started exercising on a regular basis. You will feel tired and exhausted at first, but you can push through it and will notice that you have more energy and aren't as sore anymore. I am 28 as well and have two children and find it best to workout in the morning before they wake up! Hang in there...you will never know how strong you are until you push yourself.

Hi. I am taking levothyroxine for my hypothyroidism but I havent noticed any difference at all. I am taking possibly the lowest dose they could give me. I have been taking it for about 8 months now. Am I not doing something right? Do you think I should bring it up at one of my next appointments? My husband tells me he doesnt even know why i go to the dr because im always scared to ask questions because i feel like im being annoying or feel like im wasting their time..

33097076.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • dawnreid2012
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race...that's the same for the health race too...from a purely cardiovascular health standpoint 3 sessions of 10 min. each walking has exactly the same benefits as a single 30 min. session - so if energy is an issue just aim for 10 min. at a time...even one 10 min. session a day is better than none!!! The journey isn't over until you die, so one step at a time...too much too fast can cause injury and giving up...slow changes, steady progress in the direction of health is much more sustainable long term...and GOOD LUCK!!!!

I started on the eliptical yesterday and did a 10 minute routine and was light headed when I finished. But it passed after about 5 minutes. I do have to admit i felt good afterwards. I plan on doing 10 minute sessions at least 3 days a week. I would like to do more but I understand I need to pace myself.

33097076.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Mosley35
    Mosley35 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You are so young! And have your whole life ahead of you! Do it for your kids! You can do it!