Milk with Curry Powder

In India, we like to drink milk very very a lot. So I move to the States right? And people here are crazy right?! They drink milk plain... very very. I was wondering if anyboooody else drinks milk with curry powder and do you people undermatating if it is healthy?

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    I don't know what undermatating means but I don't see why adding curry powder to milk would change how healthy it is.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    I literally laughed out at the "people here are crazy right?!" I'm in Canada - people here are crazy too! hahah

I don't imagine adding curry powder will have any negative effects. If that's the way you're used to drinking it, then drink up!

I've never heard of it, but I think I'm off to find more info!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    I have never heard of mixing curry powder with milk - sounds like the same principle employed in what we call chai tea over here (just spiced tea) and I'll bet it's very tasty.

As far as health most of curry powder is going to be calorie-free spices like coriander.

Do you serve it warm or cold?

Not unhealthy at all. If I wasn't lactose intolerant I think I'd stir up some garam masala and milk tonight just to see how it is.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    I use that in cooking, but not to drink straight. It's just not something we are raised with so it's not ingrained into our pallets.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    this is a joke
  • I have never heard of mixing curry powder with milk - sounds like the same principle employed in what we call chai tea over here (just spiced tea) and I'll bet it's very tasty.

As far as health most of curry powder is going to be calorie-free spices like coriander.

Do you serve it warm or cold?

Not unhealthy at all. If I wasn't lactose intolerant I think I'd stir up some garam masala and milk tonight just to see how it is.

Scorching hoot
  • this is a joke
    Are you racist disrespectamatating
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Never tried it, but as I sit here having spicy curry chicken for breakfast, I can imagine it would be delicious!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Oh! I see, I was trolled. Congratulations.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member

Scorching hoot

:laugh: you like to add stuff to our language as well.
    disrespectamatating