impatient

Options
have you guys any advice to stop being so impatient. I´ve been all in my new lifestyle now for 8 weeks and so far i´ve lost 8 kg(17,6 lbs) and lost 31 cm(12 inches) but i want to be fit right now! i know this don´t work that way but still my "shoulder devil" is saying why bother you always be chubby.

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Nope, patience is the key to fat loss.
  • unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    yeah i know that, that is why i want some advise to stop being so impation :/
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    People who lose weight too fast will end up having loose skin/wrinkled skin. Those that take a slower approach have less of an issue. Hope that helps.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Eventually this 'new' lifestyle will become your lifestyle and the more time you have as a lifestyle the more likely you are to carry on with it once you reach goal and not have a problem with your weight ever again. The idea of never struggling with my weight again is motivation to carry on enough for me.
  • Punkin7411
    Punkin7411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you aren't where you started, you are better and a month from now you'll be even better. Steady she goes. I was that way at first; I wanted to see those results! Now 31 lbs lost and still going strong, I can look back and be very, very proud of how far I've come. I will be at it until next spring/summer but I will get there. No looking back!! Every day you keep going after it, the closer you are getting!!!
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Keep yourself busy and don't think about it day in and day out. Look how well you did in what did you say 8 weeks and down close to 20 lbs. that's wonderful.

Linda C
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I took "before" pictures and they really get me through when I am getting impatient :) You have to think positive or you'll fall into old habits. As long as you move forward, you cannot fall back!!
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    8kg in 8 weeks is outstanding. Nothing to be impatient about at all!
  • AndyStanford
    AndyStanford Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    8kg & 12" in 8 weeks is great! You're already 1/3 of the way to your goal.

I'd definitely agree with getting some before photos, and do I side by side with current photos. Maybe do this alongside your weigh in, and update the image on a regular basis, to give you a constantly improving image of your constantly improving self.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    8kg in 8 weeks is outstanding. Nothing to be impatient about at all!

Some people would kill to have 8kg off in 8 weeks, that is really fast progress. Patience is the name of the game.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Slow wins the race. Look how far you gotten be patient ur results will come. With each day strive to do more, be consistant. Nobody's perfect at this. Take pictures and measurements, it helps to keep u focused. Good luck on ur journey.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    have you guys any advice to stop being so impatient. I´ve been all in my new lifestyle now for 8 weeks and so far i´ve lost 8 kg(17,6 lbs) and lost 31 cm(12 inches) but i want to be fit right now! i know this don´t work that way but still my "shoulder devil" is saying why bother you always be chubby.

I can completely empathize with you. I am so excited to be on this path and to find one that works. I want all the weight gone now so I can get fit. I know it is a process and it will take time but I want to look great now!!! Measurements help a lot. If I don't show a pound loss an inch loss is a great indicator,
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Time takes Time.... and it never seems quick enough. Congrats on your new lifestyle, if you put the time in, it will pay off big!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Focus on what you've accomplished so far. 8 kg in 8 weeks is AMAZING. (I'll admit it, I'm jealous :devil: ). You are on the path, and you're much better off than you were 2 months ago.

Set some non-weight goals. Do you want to run a 5K? or maybe lift a certain amount? Break it down into small chunks, like C25K or lifting a smaller amount right now. Make the mini goals something you can see results in right away, as in a week or so. Then you can celebrate every little victory, and they are all moving you in the direction of your overall goal. Keep eating well, and you will find yourself in the body you want before you know it!

Finally, realize that if you don't love yourself as you are, no amount of skinny will fix that. You many not have the perfect body (then again, who does without the magic of airbrush and photoshop…) but it is still you. Look at what is good about yourself (both body and otherwise) right now, not just the flaws. Otherwise you will always be wanting something more, or giving into discouragement when you can't get it right now.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose the same amount of weight.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for nearly 5 months now, and have only lost 11.5 pounds, so be glad. It could be worse.

You may think you are losing slowly, but if you give up, you won't be losing AT ALL. Hang in there, it's happening.
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You've averaged 2.2 lbs a week! It's hard not to be impatient especially when you're young but it will all come in time. You're a third of the way there in only 8 weeks - as others have said - a very worthy accomplishment. Set other small goals for yourself - in your workout routine, or anywhere else in your life. Make sure you measure - often times you're losing inches in spite of what the scale may say. And, if you're working out, you know you will be toning and that will show on your measuring tape. Most of all, keep doing what you're doing - a slip and a gain will just frustrate you further. Good luck!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Easy ..... tell your "shoulder devil" to shut the bloody hell up :bigsmile:
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    Dear Shoulder devil

Piss off. We have work to do.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Keep yourself busy. I get impatient also sometimes, and just keeping busy with other tasks helps a lot.