Ready for change

Options
Ello! My name is Adrienne and I'm new to this. I can't wait to get going with this. If anyone here has any ideas as far as diet and exercise go, I'd love to hear them! Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• MSPENCE
    Options
    WELCOME!!
    The one thing I 'll suggest is stay true to your food diary. It has mad a world of difference in my journey.
    Best of luck!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Small changes make all the difference. I've cut so many calories by avoiding certain things that I feel like I'm eating all the time. Start exercise slowly and build up to every day. I didn't lose at all when I exercised 5 days a week but started dropping like crazy at 3 times a week (30 minutes each time). Now I'm getting to where my exercise is too easy so I've added another day. I also think I'll change it up and do more rigorous exercise a couple of times a week. Eat a variety of things to get your cals. You don't want to get bored with your food.
    This is a great tool to change your life. Good luck to you.
  • aecowgill
    Options
    Thanks so much for that. As hard as it will be to face what I've ate all day I will.
  • aecowgill
    Options
    I take a Zumba class here three times a week an hour per class. I haven't noticed any weight loss yet, but I suspect that's because I still eat whatever I want. lol. I'm going to change my diet now, and see what will happen. My thing is I hate feeling hungry, and I know it will take some time to start feeling like I'm not starving myself. I just need to make it through the first few weeks, then I think I'll have it. Thanks so much for the kind words MSPENCE and kwardklinck!!!
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I went to boot camp at 5:30 am 5 days a week for a year and a half and saw little change.:angry: Let's face it, it's all about the food (the exercise helps in coordination, but get the food down) Journal Journal Journal, good days:smile: and bad days.:grumble: It will help. After 1 1/2 years I lost about 5 lbs. After 6 weeks of journaling I am down 10 lbs (13 of fat!) And if you have a bad meal, start the next one off good. don't wait until next day or next week or next month, Or for me next year! :wink: Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • haileyco
    Options
    I've found that eating 5 small meals a day helps stave off the hunger pangs!! I eat every 2-3 hours.....and drink LOTS of water.
  • 4abetterlife
    Options
    other then walking and doing house work i find turning on the music and dancing while working is a great and fun way to burn calories and as far as dieting i realized that if you drink the full 8 glasses of water in a day it will fill you up faster and help u eat less and i just went to the store and bought lean cuisine meals,yogart, salads, and fruit it all taste good and it's not that many calories plus i thought fat free dressing would be nasty but i liked it it was pretty good so i hope mabe some of these ideas work for you to and god bless and good luck i know i'm in your corner:happy: