Can't find jeans that fit: 5'7", 26" waist, 35" hip.

Options
2»

Replies

• Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Try Banana Republic
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Levi's demi curve as well. And a couple of months ago I picked up a pair of their bold curve jeans as well. I'd go try both of those on, if you can. I find the bold curve fits me better, but I'm also a few sizes larger than you. When I was smaller, I liked the demi curve perfectly well. :embarassed:
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm much bigger than you, but proportionally similar with a 29" waist and 41" hips. I'm 5'10" and all leg, so getting jeans long enough is also an issue. American Eagle straight jeans in a 10XL fit me perfectly (although you'd need a smaller size).
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Have you tried buying a pair that fits through the hips and then having the waist altered? It might be costly, but it might be worth the investment when you think about how many wears you'll get out of a pair of jeans that is tailored to your body.

OMG, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't think it's more than 5-10 bucks to have them put a little dart in the waist. I'm going to take in a few pairs of problem jeans and try that... way cheaper than buying another pair of jeans for sure!

You will love it! I have a 25" waist and 38" hips and this is what I do with ALL pants. Also, Lucky brand sweet n low style fits me off the shelf. They are the one and only style that does. I also have big thighs.

I am so jealous of your waist to hip ratio! My inner black guy just gotta say -- dayum gurl!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Have you tried buying a pair that fits through the hips and then having the waist altered? It might be costly, but it might be worth the investment when you think about how many wears you'll get out of a pair of jeans that is tailored to your body.

OMG, I can't believe I didn't think of that. I don't think it's more than 5-10 bucks to have them put a little dart in the waist. I'm going to take in a few pairs of problem jeans and try that... way cheaper than buying another pair of jeans for sure!
    When I was a little thinner, I had to do this with all my pants - fortunately my mother sews, so it was free!

These days, I've been able to shop for things that fit I little better by looking for pants/jeans that sit below the waist . I saw The Gap Curvy line mentioned - I also get Eddie Bauer Blakely fit or their Curvy jeans.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    There are a few websites that will make jeans exactly the right size for you (like makeyourownjeans.com), or you could buy a pair you like and have them tailored.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My measurements are waist: 27, hip: 37. So similar. I shop at Kohl's and I usually get Lee 515s or 525s. Hold them up before you try them on-- if the waist looks like it is cut straight up from the hip, don't bother with them. Also I don't know if you're shopping in misses, but if you aren't you should start. Misses have more of a curvy cut generally.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I can't find ANYTHING that fits me right now. It's so frustrating. I tried on so many clothes this weekend and they were all over the place. I'm 5'8", 151lbs, 27" waist, 39" hips, and 23" thighs and nothing. Everything was either way too big or way too small even if I tried on all sizes from 4 to 12.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I have a 26 inch waist and a 37/38" hip and I know this problem. Try switching to juniors sizes, they ride lower on your hips so you dont have to worry about it cinching your waist. I hate the maw-maw butt - im trying to grow my *kitten* as much as possible so I can just make sure its all filled out nicely.

not sure why you wear your jeans at your waist though... sounds a bit Urkelish. really? right under your ribs?
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have a 26 inch waist and a 37/38" hip and I know this problem. Try switching to juniors sizes, they ride lower on your hips so you dont have to worry about it cinching your waist. I hate the maw-maw butt - im trying to grow my *kitten* as much as possible so I can just make sure its all filled out nicely.

not sure why you wear your jeans at your waist though... sounds a bit Urkelish. really? right under your ribs?

I never switched out of jrs. sizing. Lol. I don't wear them at my waist. I wear them low on my hips. My 14 yr. old niece was trying to sell me on high waisted shorts last night though. Haha. I was like, they look cute and retro on you; on me, well, I'll just look like a dorky old lady. I included the waist measurement because the hip to waist ratio changes how they fit... your pants sit somewhere in between your waist and your hip measurement, so the shape of that plan has everything to do with getting a perfect fit. I am really really insanely picky about how my clothes fit. So I think tailoring has got to be the way to go. If you figure out how to grow your butt, please let me in on the secret!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

You will love it! I have a 25" waist and 38" hips and this is what I do with ALL pants. Also, Lucky brand sweet n low style fits me off the shelf. They are the one and only style that does. I also have big thighs.

I am so jealous of your waist to hip ratio! My inner black guy just gotta say -- dayum gurl!

LMAO. Well, I do get attention for it I have to admit. I used to HATE it, but now I am pretty happy with my shape in general. I waited 40 something years for a big booty to come into fashion!! :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

I never switched out of jrs. sizing. Lol. I don't wear them at my waist. I wear them low on my hips. My 14 yr. old niece was trying to sell me on high waisted shorts last night though. Haha. I was like, they look cute and retro on you; on me, well, I'll just look like a dorky old lady. I included the waist measurement because the hip to waist ratio changes how they fit... your pants sit somewhere in between your waist and your hip measurement, so the shape of that plan has everything to do with getting a perfect fit. I am really really insanely picky about how my clothes fit. So I think tailoring has got to be the way to go. If you figure out how to grow your butt, please let me in on the secret!

how to grow your butt?? thats the easiest thing in the world if you have ANY genetics on your side at all!!! I have NO GENETIC HELP!!! hahahaha (also yeah - dont be doin that high waisty shorts thing, those younguns dont even realize how silly they look yet).

To grow your butt and fill out the mawmaw droopy butt.... squats (heavy), deadlifts (heavy), lunges & squats with bodyweight, bridge ups, one legged bodyweight deadlifts, there are no many things. Do ALL the things lolol

best of luck to you!!!!
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    I've literally never been able to find jeans that fit me right. My only solution to this was that I just quit wearing them altogether. I only wear leggings pretty much and dresses.

I'm a 26 waist and a 37 hip. My butt is BIG for a white girl so I need jeans that fit me in the butt but aren't HUGE around my waist and I've yet to find a pair that is that way. Either they fit me around the waist and look like I painted them on in my butt/thigh area or they fit me right in my butt/thigh area and are way too big around my waist.