Big weight loss overnight?

Options
2»

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuation overnight is not a good sign though. It might be a case of T3/T4 hormonal dis balance which may lead to thyroidal disorders in near future. You need not worry for that, first check your weighing machine parameters and then if everything is fine then consult an endocrinologist for that. He may ask you to go for a pathological tests. Get them done and you will get to know if there is any complication or not. However keep up your workout sessions to maintain the body.
    Someone must have just read an article....

In short. You don't know what you're talking about.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuation overnight is not a good sign though. It might be a case of T3/T4 hormonal dis balance which may lead to thyroidal disorders in near future. You need not worry for that, first check your weighing machine parameters and then if everything is fine then consult an endocrinologist for that. He may ask you to go for a pathological tests. Get them done and you will get to know if there is any complication or not. However keep up your workout sessions to maintain the body.

they walk among us
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Getting on the scale everyday makes me crazy. I only weigh when I have that moment of feeling like something is smaller. Then bam I show a loss. It is good for my psyche. The "bad" dessert choice will balance with all the good choices you make. Forget that scale and just keep moving forward.
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Water weight.

Or big morning poop :)

This:wink:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Agree with those who said put the scale away.
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Pick a day, once a week, and a time (probably in the morning right after you've taken care of your bathroom needs, but before you eat or drink anything). Only weigh yourself then. Even this isn't perfect: if you had a salty dinner the night before, or worked out particularly hard, or whatever; there can still be fluctuations, but it's the only weight to not go nuts trying to figure out the scale. Even then, if you've gained week between one week and the next, don't panic. Unless it's a two to three week trend it could be a normal fluctuation.

Honestly, once you're down to a reasonable weight (something in the "normal" BMI range for most people) the scale becomes a pretty crude tool. You're probably more interested in body fat percentage and measurements at that point.
  • cloza12
    cloza12 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that posted here. I am new to MFP and I'm learning a LOT everyday. Before MFP I had the same mentality about weight loss as many many people out there do. So excuse me if this post has been written before but realize many people join every day and will have repeated questions.
    Thanks again :happy: