gaining inches

godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
when i joined in november, my waist was 36 inches. today, i measured 37.5.

ugh!
dawn

Replies

• junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Are you positive you measured at the exact same spot? Are you bloated? Is AF visiting?
  • godblessourhome
    i'm positive it's the same spot (i do it right at the waistband of my workout pants). i'm not bloated that i know of and i don't get the monthly friend so no water retainage from that.

my jeans have been tighter than normal for about a month, but i thought maybe i was imagining it. well, hoping i was imagining it anyway. :) guess not.
    dawn

p.s. thanks for the reply. i just wanted to vent.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    is it a different tape measure? are you measuring the same way? its so hard sometimes to do it yourself and know that it is right.
  • godblessourhome
    nope, same. :)
  • :frown:
  • Could it maybe be a food allergy of some sort? I am lactose intolerant and when I eat dairy my stomach bloats & gets bigger. My doctor told me that it's the most common cause of bloating.
  • Could it maybe be a food allergy of some sort? I am lactose intolerant and when I eat dairy my stomach bloats & gets bigger. My doctor told me that it's the most common cause of bloating.

I have never heard of this before but I think I have that too! Or some food allergy at least. Thanks for the heads up! :]

I have never heard of this before but I think I have that too! Or some food allergy at least. Thanks for the heads up! :]

You're welcome. Check this website out, it has some good information on it : http://www.foodintol.com/food_intolerance/stomach_bloating.htm

I really wonder if I have a gluten intolerance as well.
  • godblessourhome
    mlove,
    congrats on the 100 pounds you lost. you must be so proud of yourself! i know i would be.

thanks for the taking the time to reply. when i read your post last night, i have to admit it hurt my feelings. i called my dietician this morning and when i told her you thought that i needed to get a better grip on nutrition, she just laughed. long. and hard. it made me feel a little bit better. :) she said she wishes that 90% of the people she works with ate like i do instead of chips and boxed food and frozen meals. but you are correct that the last two weeks, i could have made better choices, watched my portion control and ate out less. thank you for pointing that out. i have a ton of excuse for why that didn't happen, but they are just that - excuses.

even with that, by plain math i should have lost weight, not gained inches. hence, me feeling sorry for me last night.

my doctor puts my calorie intake at 1288. i had my diary set for 1200, so it will show that i am 'over', even when i am not. i just changed the settings this morning to losing a half pound instead of a pound so there is less red to see. i am not sure that helps me, but maybe it will 'look' better?

as the why i have been here three months and only lost two pounds, i just first want to say that i am thrilled, THRILLED, to have lost two pounds. my 'goals' in my signature are huge and for the most part, i know i will not accomplish them. but looking at them gives me hope and it makes me continue instead of giving up. i would call them a wish or a dream, but if i put that as my signature i am sure it would confuse everyone else. maybe i should just delete them, but they are a motivation for ME. when i look at it, i think 'maybe, if my body starts doing what it is supposed to do, i could be that.'

i know that most people think they are the exception to every rule and need 'tough love' to make them realize they are not. if that is what you were trying to do, thank you! everybody needs a kick in the pants occassionally.

my body started menopause when i was 25 and was completely finished by the time i was 27 (no that is not a typo, i am only 31 now). from that time, my body doesn't process food the 'normal' way and instead stores everything i eat instead of uses it. we have spent the last 4 years trying to reverse it. that is my reality and that is why your typical advice doesn't work. but i do appreciate the feedback all the same.

i was just looking for empathy and 'you can do it' to get me back on track. thanks.
    dawn

**edited: by the way, i do take my dog for a 10 minute walk everyday and exercise 5 days a week for 20-30 minutes. i only log it in the exercise diary if it is over and above that.
  • godblessourhome
    Could it maybe be a food allergy of some sort? I am lactose intolerant and when I eat dairy my stomach bloats & gets bigger. My doctor told me that it's the most common cause of bloating.

You're welcome. Check this website out, it has some good information on it : http://www.foodintol.com/food_intolerance/stomach_bloating.htm

I really wonder if I have a gluten intolerance as well.

thanks for the website! very interesting reading!
    dawn
This discussion has been closed.